Highlighted

Adobe Illustrator 24.2.3 crashing while creating new file on Windows

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing crashes when I click "Create" to start a new file. Can't get into anything. I'm on Windows. No updates available, no errors, just crashes. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, no luck. 

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Illustrator 24.2.3 crashing while creating new file on Windows

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing crashes when I click "Create" to start a new file. Can't get into anything. I'm on Windows. No updates available, no errors, just crashes. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, no luck. 

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 17, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg,

Apologies for the delayed response. We're sorry to hear about your experience. Please make sure you have Windows & GPU updated to the latest version. Also, please check if you have a default printer installed.

You may also try resetting preferences by following instructions below:

• Close all Adobe applications. 
  • Go to Location C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe 
  • Rename Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings.old 
  • Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud. 

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and Illustrator will recreate new folders with default settings.

Let us know how it goes. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the application launches?

Is a printer attached, turned on and set up as the default printer?

Is the printer driver up to date?

Are all printers uninstalled that are no longer there?

If you don't have a printer, install the Windows PDF printer. And if you have recently updated Windows, please double check the PDF printer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 0