Highlighted

Adobe Illustrator 24.3 not launching on macOS Catalina

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did the upgrade to 24.3 and now it won't open. Has anyone else had this issue?

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Illustrator 24.3 not launching on macOS Catalina

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did the upgrade to 24.3 and now it won't open. Has anyone else had this issue?

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 23, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing version of the OS? Do you get any error while trying to launch the app?

Have you tried resetting the preferences? If not, please try doing that & let us know if it helps.

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 23, 2020 1
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on 10.15.6. I've tried resetting the preferences, but that did nothing.

Note I am also have the same problem with InDesign after that last update.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If resetting the preferences did not help, then you might need to uninstall, run the Adobe Cleaner tool and reinstall.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2020 1
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to find the Adobe Cleaner tool. Please advise.

Will this help InDesign as well?

~vg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone else had this problem?...For sure.  I can't even believe how many people have had this problem!  The answers from Adobe are always the same:  Reset preferences, PDF printer set as default, Uninstall, Run CC Cleaner, fresh install, use a previous version, update drivers for graphics, etc.  The list goes on and on.  The good news is that Adobe is "Sorry to hear about your experience". *sarcasm

The problem IS with the Adobe software.  You don't have to be an engineer or computer whiz to figure this out.  It worked yesterday...nothing in my pc or Mac has changed and now today it doesn't work.  Hmmmmmm.  Adobe is clearly not going to respond to this issue with real solutions.  In most cases, it is the same problem.  Now add to the frustration of not having real answers the fact that many of us have lost countless production hours and mountains of revenue.  Hey Adobe!!! This is professional business software!!!  BUSINESS.  Your lack of accountability is bad business and it is costing thousands of your customers/clients a lot of money!  

Thanks so much for your support!  Monopolies manage money not morals.  

If there are any Adobe employees that would like to address the actual issue, here's the details:

My Computer - ASUS (ROG 752)

24GB Ram

NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 970M

Description of problem:  I have been unable to use Adobe Illustrator for over 2 months now.  It worked one day and the next day it wouldn't load.  No updates to windows 10 (64-bit) or any other sftware, drivers, etc. had occurred just prior to the Adobe failure.  It chooses different times to hang up during the start up.  Sometimes it happens during Install.exe and sometimes it happens during different .aip loads...it really changes.  There is no consistent thread to this failure.  All fonts minus windows preinstalled fonts have been removed and these fonts have been checked for integrity.  

So, What say you Adobe?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're extremely sorry to hear about this trouble. Preference settings are saved each time you quit the application. Crashing and unexpected behavior in application can be caused due to corrupt/ damaged preferences, that is why we suggest resetting preferences, however, there could be other reasons as well.

I would request that if you could please share a few more details like:

• Does it give any crash report when you launch Illustrator? If yes, then please share the crash report by following these steps.
  • How the application works in Safe mode

We’re here to help, just need more info.   

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2020 0