Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PROCESS:
- You make changes to a document.
- You save the document.

- You close the document.
- You open the document

PROBLEM:
- When you open the document you discover that the changes made have not been saved.

In the company we are several users of Illustrator and it has already happened to four of us.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Illustrator 24.3 not saving changes on macOS 10.14.6

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PROCESS:
- You make changes to a document.
- You save the document.

- You close the document.
- You open the document

PROBLEM:
- When you open the document you discover that the changes made have not been saved.

In the company we are several users of Illustrator and it has already happened to four of us.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you saving these files?

Are you saving as AI or PDF?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 23, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep them in the same place where the original file was.

I save them as AI, although this usually happens when you save a copy as PDF. The PDF is correct, but the changes made to the AI file have not been saved.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 23, 2020 0
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And where is that place?

Can you try and turn off "Save in background" in the preferences > File handling & clipboard.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 23, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. Would you mind sharing version of the OS? Are you saving these files on a local drive or network?

You may try resetting the preferences of the Adobe Illustrator and see if it helps.

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Let us know if it helps. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 23, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ashutosh,

- I save the files to the local hard drive.
OS.png

- I have reset the preferences.
- I have switched off "Save in background"

I'll try to see if it works well with these changes, the problem is that it doesn't do it regularly but it does it from time to time. And I don't know why.

thx

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I correct the information.
We work on a network server. But I don't think it's significant.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2020 0
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is significant.

Illustrator has known issues with networks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are having with Illustrator. 

Illustrator does not support network or removable drives as scratch disks, or folders of file sync services such as Dropbox, Google Drive, and icloud. When you save and open files across a network or from removable media, many variables affect application performance.

For more details, please refer to this help article. I would suggest you few things which you must check: 

• Check if this is happening with your user account only or with multiple users.
  • Check if there is any antivirus or if there is any end point security or if there is any restriction imposed by your IT Team. Due to this sometimes server does not allow application to save but you are able to save outside the application. 
  • You may also try to unmount the Network drive and reconnect it again.

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2020 0