Highlighted

Adobe Illustrator affecting drop shadow in exported image

Explorer ,
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing a strange effect on an image in Adobe Illustrator 2017 after importing/placing it as a .png image that I exported from Photoshop 2017. The image was exported at 3700*3700 pixels from Ps and placed, scaled down proportionally, in Ai at 1200*1200 in an artboard but the effect is seen even without scaling down.

Here is a screenshot of the exported png from Ps.

Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 3.04.28 AM.png

And the image below is in Ai. There is banding on the drop shadow! How is that possible for a raster file in .png to get affected like that ?

Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 3.04.08 AM.png

How can I resolve this ? What can I do in either Ps or Ai to prevent this from happening ? Thanks!

Topics

Import and export, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Illustrator affecting drop shadow in exported image

Explorer ,
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing a strange effect on an image in Adobe Illustrator 2017 after importing/placing it as a .png image that I exported from Photoshop 2017. The image was exported at 3700*3700 pixels from Ps and placed, scaled down proportionally, in Ai at 1200*1200 in an artboard but the effect is seen even without scaling down.

Here is a screenshot of the exported png from Ps.

Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 3.04.28 AM.png

And the image below is in Ai. There is banding on the drop shadow! How is that possible for a raster file in .png to get affected like that ?

Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 3.04.08 AM.png

How can I resolve this ? What can I do in either Ps or Ai to prevent this from happening ? Thanks!

Topics

Import and export, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?