• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator CC 2015.3 Crashing instantly after launch.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2016 Jul 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just as the title says, the following happens, in this order:

1 - I launch AI CC 2015.3;

2 - It fully loads, even past the splash screen;

3 - However, after it loads, it stops in this screen, then suddenly the last program I used appears in front of Adobe Illustrator (Like this);

4- About 1-2 seconds after that, it abruptly crashes. There's no "Adobe Illustrator has stopped working" or "Error:" pop-up either, It just crashes and that's it.

I've tried the following as of yet:

- Restarting my computer;

- Reinstalling Adobe Illustrator;

- Deleting the SLStore and another folder, then reinstalling Adobe Illustrator and relaunching it;

- Checking my fonts;

- Launching Adobe Illustrator with my Graphics Card Driver turned off;

- Launching Adobe Illustrator with a different default Printer;

- Launching Adobe Illustrator with a 1366x768 resolution (explanation on the bottom).

However, there are 2 things I haven't done, 1 because I don't think it's the problem, and 1 because I can't get it to work:

1- Uninstalling Adobe Illustrator, then using the CC Cleaner. For some reason, Adobe Illustrator doesn't pop-up on my list after uninstalling it, so I can't use CC Cleaner.

2- Uninstalling my Wacom Drivers for my pen tablet. The reason for this is because there's absolutely no way that's the problem, since Adobe Illustrator worked just fine yesterday, and no updates happened to Adobe Illustrator or my Wacom Drivers.

The only thing that I have done after the last time I successfully launched Adobe Illustrator is use a new monitor with a bigger resolution.

Also, EVERY SINGLE OTHER PRODUCT I HAVE works. ONLY Adobe Illustrator doesn't work. Which makes me quite angry, since Adobe Illustrator is my MOST used product out of the Creative Cloud products.

I use Windows 10.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 03, 2016 Aug 03, 2016

Thank you Lukas for providing enough detail to be able to help you. Usually crashing instantly after starting or while saving is attributed to problems with the OOBE, as you software registration is checked during that process and have seen some OOBE files get very large and after flushing them worked fine.

Your post is slightly different than the title as you crash after the program is running. Have not used fontstand, but assume you are upgraded to 1.2.0, and assume you work with many fonts. Wi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2016 Jul 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem too!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My Adobe XD Crash Instantly After opening it 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problems AND heaps more as well. They are constant. Adobe has been avoiding the Illustrator problems and blaming graphic card vendors since the first CC version was launched. I think your only option is to install a former version from a hard copy. That's what I did in order to be able to produce anything with that program. I have lost patients and I don't think Adobe are able to fix the issues, they are too many.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regrettably updated today and AI won't open. I don't even get a welcome screen, just runs for a few minutes then it crashes... Uninstalled and reinstalled. Rebooted my Mac... Still nothing.

I'm installing the older via CC: Install a previous version of any Creative Cloud application

Let me know when it's safe to update again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2016 Sep 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you SO much for this! Back to Illustrator CS6 and getting work done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is crashing multiple times a day. If it doesn't crash it freezes for a few seconds. Not even sure if there is a way to roll it back. Total junk now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2016 Jul 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, in your creative cloud app, at the top of the install apps list you will see  a blue text link "install previous version" click that, then when you click install illustrator a drop down list will appear allowing you to chose the version you want to roll back to.

good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IF you get the rollback to work there's no functional version to roll back to, they are all crap. If you have a hard copy of something prior to CC then use that instead. Let's just be honest here. Illustrator CC is basically not even a release candidate at this moment in time. Adobe must withdraw it from the shelves and go back to the drawing board cause charging money for this is equal to theft. The situation is non acceptable!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They may have moved the OOBE in 2015.3 on WIN as they did that on MAC. But that is the database and files which checked your serialization for the product to activate as a cloud program. I am on Mac so will provide what I can incase this helps you locate for your WIN 2015.3.

RESET CLOUD OOBE

On Windows with 2015.1

Exit Creative Cloud app

remove the opm.db file located here: C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE

On Mac 2015.3

Quit Illustrator & Creative Cloud

Mac Finder >> Shift Command G

enter: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE

Copy you OOBE folder somewhere ( i do to my desktop)

Remove files

Part of the cleaner removal tool is to remove the OOBE, which is a major reason the cleaner helps, along with the pref being removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2016 Jul 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After removing the OOBE and launching as an admin, a bit more of the Illustrator Interface appeared, altough it still crashes in the same way (as seen here).

So, a tiny little bit of progress has been made. Hooray!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2016 Aug 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope this might help someone.

Weirdly, on my Mac setup (Yosemite) I didn't have to trash the OOBE file - just quitting Creative Cloud did the trick, and Illustrator suddenly decided it could open. With Illustrator still open, I then re-launched CC and quit Illustrator. Thereafter, Illustrator has launched without problems - so far...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2016 Aug 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have having this issue on one Windows 10 PC but not on the other, yet.

I don't understand what I am supposed to do in the directory appdata/local/adobe.

Any advice please.

Edit: If I am supposed to delete an file called OOBE, there is no file by that name.  Illustrator was working fine yesterday and now just crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2016 Jul 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i cant go back to previews version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2016 Jul 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey this is Vee (not Heath) - AI 2015.3 quits all the time too - running iMac 10.11.5.  I am in the process of updating El Capitano 10.11.6. Man this is frustrating!  Come on Adobe.  We are counting on you to FIX this asap.  We have to work here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2016 Jul 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue...shuts down immediately.  If it does end of starting up, it is unresponsive and eventually shuts down.  MY BUSINESS DEPENDS ON THIS PROGRAM...NOT TO MENTION I AM PAYING HEFTILY EVERY MONTH FOR A PRODUCT THAT DOESN'T WORK!!

Please Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2016 Jul 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine has crashed on me 3 times today. I work on a Mac with a Cintiq. I'm under tight deadlines, this is driving me crazy! It's been happening ever since the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator is not a working product. Interesting to see how Adobe blame hardware manufacturers and everything but themselves for these problems. It's been like that ever since CC came about. They are systematically avoiding the issues but they sure know how to charge their customers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you all please try answer #6 from this thread:

Re: *HELP!* Illustrator freezing, not getting past "Initializing"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, didn't work. Still crashes instantly after launch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, as of now, the only "solution" I've figured out is just going back to the 2015.2 or 2014 update.

You can either download the 2014 update from the official Adobe site (there's 32bit and 64bit versions, so you gotta pick your version) or download the 2015.2 update from Creative Cloud's earlier versions tab (if you are luckier than me, who didn't update straight to 2015.3).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2016 Jul 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have multiple monitors, you might try disconnecting them.  This worked for me.  Then I reconnected them.  Might be worth a try in your case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 11, 2016 Jul 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you install CS5 ver. 2.34. Then when your de-install it press pause and go into the source code and re-write the parts that makes the application commit self extermination then you might be able to copy and use that code in the CC version, if you know a bit of C++ and know where to incorporate the code you'll be fine, After all Adobe wants us to be active problems solvers as they do have monopoly and thinks Illustrator issues should be solved by their paying customers on forums.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2016 Jul 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me:

1. Disconnect your secondary screen
  2. Start Illustrator
  3. Reconnect while open

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2016 Jul 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates on this? None of my installed CC apps will launch. They show up in task manager for a second then dissappear.

Makes it really hard to work when the software you pay for doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines