• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator CC 2015.3 Crashing instantly after launch.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2016 Jul 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just as the title says, the following happens, in this order:

1 - I launch AI CC 2015.3;

2 - It fully loads, even past the splash screen;

3 - However, after it loads, it stops in this screen, then suddenly the last program I used appears in front of Adobe Illustrator (Like this);

4- About 1-2 seconds after that, it abruptly crashes. There's no "Adobe Illustrator has stopped working" or "Error:" pop-up either, It just crashes and that's it.

I've tried the following as of yet:

- Restarting my computer;

- Reinstalling Adobe Illustrator;

- Deleting the SLStore and another folder, then reinstalling Adobe Illustrator and relaunching it;

- Checking my fonts;

- Launching Adobe Illustrator with my Graphics Card Driver turned off;

- Launching Adobe Illustrator with a different default Printer;

- Launching Adobe Illustrator with a 1366x768 resolution (explanation on the bottom).

However, there are 2 things I haven't done, 1 because I don't think it's the problem, and 1 because I can't get it to work:

1- Uninstalling Adobe Illustrator, then using the CC Cleaner. For some reason, Adobe Illustrator doesn't pop-up on my list after uninstalling it, so I can't use CC Cleaner.

2- Uninstalling my Wacom Drivers for my pen tablet. The reason for this is because there's absolutely no way that's the problem, since Adobe Illustrator worked just fine yesterday, and no updates happened to Adobe Illustrator or my Wacom Drivers.

The only thing that I have done after the last time I successfully launched Adobe Illustrator is use a new monitor with a bigger resolution.

Also, EVERY SINGLE OTHER PRODUCT I HAVE works. ONLY Adobe Illustrator doesn't work. Which makes me quite angry, since Adobe Illustrator is my MOST used product out of the Creative Cloud products.

I use Windows 10.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 03, 2016 Aug 03, 2016

Thank you Lukas for providing enough detail to be able to help you. Usually crashing instantly after starting or while saving is attributed to problems with the OOBE, as you software registration is checked during that process and have seen some OOBE files get very large and after flushing them worked fine.

Your post is slightly different than the title as you crash after the program is running. Have not used fontstand, but assume you are upgraded to 1.2.0, and assume you work with many fonts. Wi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2016 Jul 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having a similar problem where Illustrator opened and I could work on my file for maybe a minute or so but then it would always freeze up and eventually crash. Never had this problem with other versions so I reverted back to the previous version of CC 2015 and now that same file works just fine. (I have Windows 8.1). Guess I'll keep using the old one until someone comes up with a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2016 Jul 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue on the latest stable version of OS X. Driving me insane. This usually happens when I use the copy command. I don't have time for this at work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would be best if each of you could start your own post. This way you can provide crash reports and enough detail, for us to actually have a chance at helping you.

Information needed to help you

1. What operating system are you on?
  2. What exactly happens on your crash and when, launch copying?
  3. Do you have any nonstandard plug ins for Illustrator or you OS?
  4. What other software was running wheel you crashed?
  5. Do you have multiple monitors?
  6. Have you download and installed any free fonts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Windows 7 / 64-bit and 32-bit (tried both)

2. Crashes straight after opening

3. No

4. Tested with no other software opened. Same outcome.

5. No

6. Yes, of course. Most of us has some free type onboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perrybrus,

Windows 7 >> Control Panel >> Programs & Features >> Sort by date

Look for anything suspicious, and uninstall

Same for msconfig

How to use MSCONFIG in Windows 7: NetSquirrel.com

On windows is nearly impossible to be connected to the internet and not get something riding along tracking you, especially if you visit the free font sites. Mac has been pretty bad in recent years also, but the FTC closed down the worst mac offenders just last week called Help Desk International, HOORAH. That stuff interferes with Illustrator boot up, and can make the program run slower over time. They used the Adobe logo, and sent you to a www.adobe.xyz.com link asking you to update flash on both platforms, so do not trust sites that are not adobe.com.

Your problem can possibly be something else, but just sharing my experience with you, as with the information you provided that is where I would start, and in the process you should speed up your system. If you have all your passwords written down (which you should do) , clear your browser cookies. Everyone has double-click and ATDMT trackers, you get that if you visit youtube or Facebook, and they are not necessarily meant to be malicious, but can be processor intensive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Adobe should get busy repairing their software. There's no excuse for these crashes. They have been going on ever since CC launched. I have software running from Autodesk, Corel etc with no issues. The constant blame game that Adobe is playing is getting kinda tiring. Just make sure your software is able to run on different platforms. Enough already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2016 Aug 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, my problem is a bit different:

1. What operating system are you on? El Capitan 10.11.6
  2. What exactly happens on your crash and when, launch copying? Currently i have 2015.3 version, but it happened also on previous versions. While i'm doing basic stuff program suddenly stops working, it did not crash completely, but i can't click to any icon, and every item in menu became non-active (grey color). When i re-open Illustrator, Menu is still non-active, so i have to shut it down with force quit. I tried basically everything what other guys suggested. Nothing works. I tried my CC account on different MAC, and after while same thing happened. From time-to-time Illustrator opens normally and works fine, but then the same thing happen.
  3. Do you have any nonstandard plug ins for Illustrator or you OS? Nope.
  4. What other software was running wheel you crashed? fontstand, spotify, skype, chrome (nothing)
  5. Do you have multiple monitors? Yes.
  6. Have you download and installed any free fonts? Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2016 Aug 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Lukas for providing enough detail to be able to help you. Usually crashing instantly after starting or while saving is attributed to problems with the OOBE, as you software registration is checked during that process and have seen some OOBE files get very large and after flushing them worked fine.

Your post is slightly different than the title as you crash after the program is running. Have not used fontstand, but assume you are upgraded to 1.2.0, and assume you work with many fonts. With fonts  avoid type 1 or 3 fonts and use  opentype or truetype. Type 1 is over 25 years old and we still see that but it causes crashes, especially certain ones poorly coded. Type 3 is almost nonexistent die to the severity of issues. You can determine a few ways if you have type 1 fonts loafed and the easiest is doing a type >> find fonts and if you have a red lowercase a icon.Feel free to post screenshots of your find fonts menu.

Font nukes website has been recently hacked, but here is a versions to nuke/flash you cache.

http://ftp.kaleidoscopechicago.com/_So65DZmFbT9mjR

FILENAME:   FontNuke.zip   

2.8 MB

The URL will expire on Sep 2.

When you tried your account on another mac was that a fresh instal, or did that sue many of the fonts you have in the past. Am not sure yet your problems is fonts, but that is my leading suspect. Also please confirm you have flushed your OOBE or give me a screenshot showing your OOBE file sizes.

There are many reasons for crashing, and I highly suggest people start their own posts going forward. This way we can better target your issue as this may take a few replies to resolve as there is not just one answer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2016 Jul 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine has been locking up in funny ways since the update.  after playing around to see what the problem might be,  i ended up removing adobe flash from my systems. Since then illustrator has been working a lot better.  Might not be the reason but could be worth a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2016 Jul 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback T3aSpoon, what operating system are you on? Keep us posted as to how your results are after some more time has passed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2016 Jul 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im running windows 7.

After removing flash it hasn't locked up once.  working well now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2016 Jul 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a Mac. I removed Flash too, and it has worked better. It did crash on me once, but it lasted a full 24 hours of working. Before it was crashing 8 times a day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2016 Jul 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on windows 10 and I have multiple monitors having the same issues as alot of these guys, but I am seeing that people are removing adobe animate cc and illustrator starts working again for them. But I certainly can't uninstall Animate.  Animate CC is a part of my animation workflow. I design my characters in illustrator then rig it in Animate. Please find a fix for this bug soon please. I haven't been able to animate for a couple of days now and I have a client who is waiting for an animation to be done by next week.  For now I am gonna try to install previous version of illustrator til this is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2016 Jul 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a PC, Windows 10, and uninstalling Flash seems to have worked for me as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2016 Jul 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using (well not really "using" because it doesn't work) Illustrator 2015.3 and every time I open it, I get a flickering circular loading cursor and NOTHING works. I can't open files, access the menus - nothing. This is utter crap. I'm an illustrator and rely on this daily. I am now going to try to install and older version if possible. Fix this piece of crap Adobe. You sure have no problem charging my credit card every month. I'm using Windows 10 and have updated my Nvidia drivers to the latest version as of 07/26/2016.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2016 Jul 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone !

I had Illustrator 2015.3 crashed and I searched all on the forums to find an answer.

So, I resolved my problem with this solution :

I copy past the "amtlib.dll" file to Indesign from Illustrator file (on the way : Windows / Required / ..).

Normally, this solution works well.

Best Regards.

PS : Sorry for my bad English, i'm a French user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2016 Aug 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you explain yourself better... maybe in spanish, please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2016 Sep 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thnx Man.

This solved my issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2016 Sep 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This actually worked for me man! Thanks a lot!

PD: I have not Indesign installed so i used the one from After Effects and it worked pretty well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2016 Jul 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use the program, very slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 29, 2016 Jul 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This whole Illustrator soap is becoming increasingly tragic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 01, 2016 Aug 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having this same issue today after update to 2015.3 but I found this thread:

Re: Illustrator 2015.3 closes right after starting up.

go to post 9 by junior molina and follow the steps, very, very simple & my illustrator now works without issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had exactly the same problem as all of you and I tried literally EVERYTHING but I couldn't get it to work. So I just gave it one last try by launching it and mashing all of the keys on my keyboard. Now mashing all my keys of course wasn't the solution but I stumbled upon it during my rage. I found that if I keep clicking the splash screen while loading (to have the program selected right at launch) and then as soon as the splash screen disappears and the program opens click "CTRL+O" (shortcut for open document), the program launches. This is of course something that Adobe has to look in to, but it's a quick solution for now at least. Try it and get back with the results. (I haven't tried it, but this could possibly work with any of the other keyboard shotcuts in Illustrator as well).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to add that the program still runs very unstable and crashes allot, so it's still kind of not useable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2016 Aug 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We have fixed few crashes with Illustrator CC (2015.3.1) update released today - 10 Aug 2016.

Can you please update to the latest version & let me know if this resolves your issue or not ? (as there are multiple crashes reported on this thread).

With Best Regards,

Raghuveer Singh

Illustrator Team

rbhunwal@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines