• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator CC 2015.3 Crashing instantly after launch.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2016 Jul 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just as the title says, the following happens, in this order:

1 - I launch AI CC 2015.3;

2 - It fully loads, even past the splash screen;

3 - However, after it loads, it stops in this screen, then suddenly the last program I used appears in front of Adobe Illustrator (Like this);

4- About 1-2 seconds after that, it abruptly crashes. There's no "Adobe Illustrator has stopped working" or "Error:" pop-up either, It just crashes and that's it.

I've tried the following as of yet:

- Restarting my computer;

- Reinstalling Adobe Illustrator;

- Deleting the SLStore and another folder, then reinstalling Adobe Illustrator and relaunching it;

- Checking my fonts;

- Launching Adobe Illustrator with my Graphics Card Driver turned off;

- Launching Adobe Illustrator with a different default Printer;

- Launching Adobe Illustrator with a 1366x768 resolution (explanation on the bottom).

However, there are 2 things I haven't done, 1 because I don't think it's the problem, and 1 because I can't get it to work:

1- Uninstalling Adobe Illustrator, then using the CC Cleaner. For some reason, Adobe Illustrator doesn't pop-up on my list after uninstalling it, so I can't use CC Cleaner.

2- Uninstalling my Wacom Drivers for my pen tablet. The reason for this is because there's absolutely no way that's the problem, since Adobe Illustrator worked just fine yesterday, and no updates happened to Adobe Illustrator or my Wacom Drivers.

The only thing that I have done after the last time I successfully launched Adobe Illustrator is use a new monitor with a bigger resolution.

Also, EVERY SINGLE OTHER PRODUCT I HAVE works. ONLY Adobe Illustrator doesn't work. Which makes me quite angry, since Adobe Illustrator is my MOST used product out of the Creative Cloud products.

I use Windows 10.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 03, 2016 Aug 03, 2016

Thank you Lukas for providing enough detail to be able to help you. Usually crashing instantly after starting or while saving is attributed to problems with the OOBE, as you software registration is checked during that process and have seen some OOBE files get very large and after flushing them worked fine.

Your post is slightly different than the title as you crash after the program is running. Have not used fontstand, but assume you are upgraded to 1.2.0, and assume you work with many fonts. Wi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2016 Aug 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated and still crashes on startup. It won't load at all or it will display "Illustrator has stopped responding".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2016 Aug 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please drop an email to sharewithai@adobe.com & also paste the link of this thread.

If possible provide your free time availability (along with your Time Zone) so that we can have a connect session to isolate this issue further.

Thanks & Regards,

Raghuveer Singh

Lead Quality Engineer Illustrator Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2016 Aug 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the issue fixed by unistalling and using the Adobe CC cleaner tool. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2016 Aug 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somebody help me, i'm still having this issue

I've updated my Illustrator but still no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2016 Sep 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, I experienced this issue and its has been very frustrating but I have had success with disabling the GPU performance.

1. Launch Illustrator (Do not try to open or create a new file)

2. Go to edit/preferences/GPU performance

3. Uncheck the box that says GPU Performance

4. Hit ok

GPU.JPG

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2016 Sep 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I do that thing you're teaching? It crashes every time I OPEN IT. TOTAL 0. One click, it crashes instantly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2016 Oct 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Life Saver. Someone buy this person a cookie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Verbatim. This is a perfect explanation every time I open Ai in Windows 8.1. Adobe, would you like an unsubscribe if you don't fix this!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh no please don't unsubscribe!!!  

Hey Marion seriously, what I was referring to was after open Illustrator (BEFORE YOU TRY TO OPEN ANYTHING), you can go to preferences and change your settings. If your illustrator isn't getting this far there could be another issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marion, also if you have no success with this you might consider rolling back to an older version of illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2016 Oct 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have only 4 days left using the Illustrator free trial, but how can I try it if this message ("Illustrator has stopped working") keeps appearing every 5 minutos in my new PC which is fit for gaming?? At this rate I don't think I'll bother buying the software since it seems very unreliable. No useful answer by Adobe has been posted here, is there any? Please let me know.

error illustrator al dibujar.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what is the last usable version? Is 19.1.0 ok ?

The latest one is up for me for like 5 minutes and then it crashes... considering it is the most expensive software I run, I have to say I am kind of.. amazed...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jirik87892063 schrieb:

So what is the last usable version? Is 19.1.0 ok ?

The latest one is up for me for like 5 minutes and then it crashes... considering it is the most expensive software I run, I have to say I am kind of.. amazed...

Please get in contact with support.

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Oct 04, 2016 Oct 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the conclusion to all of this is:

Don't expect Illustrator to work if you have other programs installed. Adobe is kicking left and right and they have even blamed the graphic card manufacturers. I think its safe to say that Adobe has a big issue with compatibility. Even the simplest freeware tool is more stable than Illustrator CC. It's ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2016 Oct 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I unfortunately have to agree with you.  I love adobe products for all of the amazing things you can do and create with them but the bugs are ridiculous especially for when you pay over $53/month and constantly run into issues.  My illustrator loves to force close on me, especially after saving a AI file into a PDF and then closing that file.  40% of the time it force closes when I do this, and when you create packaging specs for over 900 unique items it is not efficient.  I also work in catalog production with InDesign and do a lot of photo editing in Photoshop.  InDesign and Photoshop generally work flawlessly but Illustrator is terrible for force closing, no update has fixed it.

Yet if I go back to my CS6 suite for Illustrator I fun flawlessly.  It is terrible how Adobe has suckered us all into monthly subscriptions yet they don't have their stuff together and bugs tested out correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2016 Oct 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I can say is it does not work for me either, just downloaded from CC app on a trail and it won't even get past the font screen.

You think they put a bit of error handing in the code and report issues.

What alternative apps are recommended for editing EPS files please?

Cheers

Si

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2016 Oct 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

simonj93019109 schrieb:

What alternative apps are recommended for editing EPS files please?

Depends on what exactly is in the files and which app exactly generated them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 13, 2016 Oct 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A shot in the dark here... but maybe consider unactivating Google Drive in your menu bar if you have it activated. I was having issues with Google Drive causing my Finder to crash on my Mac. You'd think that a multi billion dollar company like Google, Apple, and Adobe could figure this crap out. I am constantly getting crashes and bugs. If a user like myself is able to find these flaws in just a couple hours of using an application, you think the beta testers could do the same. If Adobe really cared, they would actually reply to more of these bug reports in the forums. I've seen some go on for years without being addressed. It's quite sad. Anyway... best of luck. I doubt my recommendation is a solution, but something to consider.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2016 Oct 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok guys pay attention!

If the printer thing, the 'erasing the start preferences', the restarting your computer many times don't work, then do this, it worked for me and now I'm more than happy, is simple:

Just copy your amtlib.dll file of InDesign or After Effects system folder in to the folder where is the same name of the file (amtlib.dll) in the Illustrator system folder. The after effect worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2016 Oct 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just went back to Illustrator 2015 version 19.1.0 and everything works as expected and faster. I'm on a mac Mac OS X 10.11.15 (El Capitan). Just went into my Time Machine backup and restored my Adobe Illustrator 2015 folder.

I'm surprised that it actually runs faster and better than 2015.3 (20.1.0).

Symptoms since the upgrade in Early September 2016:

1) Sometimes crashes just on after it booted up fine. Sat for a while and had not opened any files, then just crashed.

2) While working on a file, gives an error "An unknown error has occurred" ... it would not crash but it would not let me open any files or link files into the current file. A good file that I had to go back into Illustrator CS6 to recreate so that I could link it (again) back into the 2015.3 file. Crashed after I saved my file. It finished the save process. Then I could not open my freshly saved file. I opened the file in CS6 and recreated it. Yes, CS6 did open it as an import.

3) Sometimes I'm working fine, doing great all morning and then crash.

4) On one crash all my preferences got corrupted. So I said well maybe that's a good thing. I recreated my preferences and all. Next few hours ... crash.

Today, I lost a large file and said; "The HELL with this version!" back to 2015 (19.1.0) ...

I'm back to being productive and happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just updated to CC 2017 and Illustrator crashes when I open. Tried the SSinfo. Doesn't work. Uninstalled and installed several times. However, I have discovered that I can open Illustrator through Bridge. At the moment that's my workaround. There is no way I can take the time to uninstall everything and run the Adobe fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this proplem as well.

Startet to count crashes one day, and finished the day off with 45 crashes.

I've tried everything mentioned in this thread, but only fix for me was to install CC 2015.3, and since then I've haven't had any problems. Don't know when to ever update again - but thank god it works now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here as of yesterday when I installed the 2017.0.2 release on both my desktop and laptop. Both are on Windows 10. After installation I am unable to start Illustrator. It crashes while on the splashscreen with the note "Adobe Illustrator CC 2017 has stopped working". Uninstalled, cleaned the system with CCleaner and reinstalled it again with no luck. The bridge-solution did not work for me. Do I really have to go back to CC 2015.3 again??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Will it be possible for you to drop an email to ShareWithAI@adobe.com with the issue you are encountering?

Also please mention the forum thread in that mail.

With Best Regards,

Raghuveer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using AI CC 2017 normally this morning, I shut it down, went to the office and now nothing. I tried EVERY suggestion in this thread and the problem has yet to be resolved. the only major difference, it crashes WITHOUT any error message nor any information in the error log files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines