• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator CC 2015.3 Crashing instantly after launch.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2016 Jul 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just as the title says, the following happens, in this order:

1 - I launch AI CC 2015.3;

2 - It fully loads, even past the splash screen;

3 - However, after it loads, it stops in this screen, then suddenly the last program I used appears in front of Adobe Illustrator (Like this);

4- About 1-2 seconds after that, it abruptly crashes. There's no "Adobe Illustrator has stopped working" or "Error:" pop-up either, It just crashes and that's it.

I've tried the following as of yet:

- Restarting my computer;

- Reinstalling Adobe Illustrator;

- Deleting the SLStore and another folder, then reinstalling Adobe Illustrator and relaunching it;

- Checking my fonts;

- Launching Adobe Illustrator with my Graphics Card Driver turned off;

- Launching Adobe Illustrator with a different default Printer;

- Launching Adobe Illustrator with a 1366x768 resolution (explanation on the bottom).

However, there are 2 things I haven't done, 1 because I don't think it's the problem, and 1 because I can't get it to work:

1- Uninstalling Adobe Illustrator, then using the CC Cleaner. For some reason, Adobe Illustrator doesn't pop-up on my list after uninstalling it, so I can't use CC Cleaner.

2- Uninstalling my Wacom Drivers for my pen tablet. The reason for this is because there's absolutely no way that's the problem, since Adobe Illustrator worked just fine yesterday, and no updates happened to Adobe Illustrator or my Wacom Drivers.

The only thing that I have done after the last time I successfully launched Adobe Illustrator is use a new monitor with a bigger resolution.

Also, EVERY SINGLE OTHER PRODUCT I HAVE works. ONLY Adobe Illustrator doesn't work. Which makes me quite angry, since Adobe Illustrator is my MOST used product out of the Creative Cloud products.

I use Windows 10.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 03, 2016 Aug 03, 2016

Thank you Lukas for providing enough detail to be able to help you. Usually crashing instantly after starting or while saving is attributed to problems with the OOBE, as you software registration is checked during that process and have seen some OOBE files get very large and after flushing them worked fine.

Your post is slightly different than the title as you crash after the program is running. Have not used fontstand, but assume you are upgraded to 1.2.0, and assume you work with many fonts. Wi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting the preferences at startup did it for me. Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Illustrator. That worked for me but my AI wasn't starting up at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was what happened to me too. A couple of months ago, without any updates to either hardware or software, it started working out of nowhere. I was stuck without Illustrator for almost six months though, and support couldn't help me at all. None of the suggestions were of any good. Now I have almost the same problem with After Effects, also this time, none of the suggestions have been of any good. I hope that adobe finds a fix for you soon, so you don't have to give up your main svg editor for as long as I did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines