• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator CC 2017 & The Cloud

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased the Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 package in 2011 as my college required it.  I have been using the same software since then, transferred computers, and made a new account to transfer my info to as I no longer have access to my school account.  No issues thus far.

In 2017, I purchased the Adobe Creative Cloud in fear of losing my data if the Adobe team should cease support for CC 2017.  I have never installed Adobe Illustrator from the cloud.  After the most recent update of the cloud, I can no longer access my old Illustrator CC 2017 and everything else in my Creative Suite package which I purchased in 2011.

Additionally, after updating it today, my Creative Cloud no longer has any of my creative suite files AND PROGRAMS.  

What happened and why can I not use the software I purchased? 

TOPICS
Draw and design , Performance , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It can be CoreSync and CCLibraries updates that use new features that are available in Creative Cloud. Do you mean that all your files has been removed or you have not access to them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to boot up Adobe Illustrator CC 2017 and enter my adobe ID, it asks me to either purchase the software or start a free trial.

I was able to use my disc-based software until the most recent cloud update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is your Creative Cloud desktop application out of date?
If you use old version, OS is likely to be old.
If you are using macOS, currently Adobe Creative Cloud currently supported OS versions are 10.12 and above.
CS5.5 only supports up to OS X 10.8.
CC 2017 also only supports up to OS X 10.12, and software is no longer supported.
You must update the environment promptly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines