• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator CC 2017 quits unexpectedly on start up

Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I try to start Adobe Illustrator CC 2017 it quits on me. I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, restarting my Mac, removing all the preference lists, and still nothing! I can't even install the previous version so I can continue my work because the option doesn't appear in my CCloud App window. What is going on here?

Adobe Illustrator CC 2017 quit unexpectedly.

Date/Time:             2016-11-28 14:20:02.680 -0600

OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.10.5 (14F2009)

Report Version:        11

Anonymous UUID:        83A2FFE2-4F60-D97E-1708-A5EDFBDCE118

Time Awake Since Boot: 2800 seconds

Crashed Thread:        0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)

Exception Codes:       KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000000

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

We found out that if we disconnected from the wired network (wireless is disabled, internal work network) then Illustrator will launch without errors. Then I can reconnect to the wired network without issue. So what is Illustrator calling to that our network would have issue with. I'm assuming we're firewalling or web filtering something that would cause Illustrator to crash on launch.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of manually removing the plists, have you tried just resetting them? (Hold Shift+Cmd+Opt) before the startup screen appears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick response. I sure have tried to reset them - several times. I'm at a loss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We found out that if we disconnected from the wired network (wireless is disabled, internal work network) then Illustrator will launch without errors. Then I can reconnect to the wired network without issue. So what is Illustrator calling to that our network would have issue with. I'm assuming we're firewalling or web filtering something that would cause Illustrator to crash on launch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check the IT Security FAQ portion of this page (ignore the Enterprise moniker). It should help with network configuations.

Creative Suite Enterprise Deployment | Adobe Developer Connection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines