• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator cc 2019 "not enough memory (RAM)" issues running on Mac Pro

Participant ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the latest version of Adobe Illustrator cc 2019 and after running the app for about 2-4 hours I begin to get this error message "not enough memory (RAM)", followed by a crash!  I'm running on a Mac Pro latest OS - version High Sierra (10.13.6) with quad 1866 MHz DDR3 ECC.  I've never experienced this issue prior to the upgrade and I ran the last version of Illustrator on the exact same computer -- I have since added a secondary Scratch Disk (external drive - currently all I have), and the issue has yet been resolved.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!     

Thank you,

Mark Savage

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

We have a fix and is available in the pre-release build. Please visit https://adobe.ly/1o2SDsg and get the latest build for version 23.0.1

While the build is prerelease this build is still of production quality. Please feel free to use / recommend it for your day to day activity.

Warm Regards,

Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 105 Replies 105
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same thing here,  i'm going to miss a deadline now and had to lay off some work on another artist.   nice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm going to miss a deadline now and had to lay off some work on another artist.   nice.

You can still re-install Illustrator CC 2018 if you forgot to uncheck »Remove old versions« in the »Advanced«-section of the update window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue and have now re installed 2018 and all problems are resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also reinstalled 2018 which has solved the Illustrator problem, but In addition, the whole Adobe suite has been asking for the keychain password, same thing at my office computer which is a big new imac, had to reinstate all my email account passwords - SOMETHING HAS GONE VERY WRONG HERE ADOBE!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel kinda stupid asking this, but how do I reinstall 22? Can't seem to find an answer anywhere...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to your creative cloud application, go to "Apps", find the Illustrator App, open the drop down menu by clicking on the arrow besides "Open". Choose "Manage", then "Other versions". A window will pop up with all available versions including 22

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did that...only option is "uninstall".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then it is already installed!

• Illustrator 2019 is 23
  • Illustrator 2018 is 22
  • Illustrator 2017 is 21

You can uninstall and reinstall if you have any issues with the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, that's good...thanks!

OK, don't shoot me...I have a broad but slightly shallow Adobe knowledge base: how exactly do i open the version 2018 / 22 application?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The title is showing which version you have. If there is standing 2018 you have the 22.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Very Helpful!  I did not know this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your welcome 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you keep having issues with the application it can be that the installation is corrupt. Then uninstall and install will not help and then you most probably need to uninstall everything, Adobe offers a cleaner tool for this.

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with Illustrator 2019 on an iMac (late 2015). Unable to work with the large documents I created in 2018 which are refusing to open in 2019, getting the not enough memory (RAM) error.

Was able to solve this by closing and reopening the app however, so no need to install previous version. Fix would be appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're correct, the reboot is not a fix, not even a work-a-around in my opinion.  I'm only working with 8 - 22 MB files so, something is not right! I'm sure testing proved this to be a low-risk bug or whatever, but this is killing me on projects, Illustrator is my core app and unfortunately, I cannot go back to cc2018 (once again because of space issues!!!), so I'm in Re-Boot HELL right now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here and a fix would be highly appreciated

Installing the older version is an option but for me the main question is why Adobe even releases Illustrator CC 2019... I am sure that Adobe tests there software before they release it and that they have encountered this issue themselves!

Closing and reopening the app only solves the issue for a short time, as soon as you work with bigger files the error will pop up soon enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sure that Adobe tests there software before they release it and that they have encountered this issue themselves!

Well, I am also running into various issues with CC 2019 applications, so I am somewhat annoyed myself, but in fairness I think the number of possible combinations of OS versions, hardware components and driver versions makes it quite possible that some issues slip through what might be called voluminous testing …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There you are completely right!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the memory issue as well. It's definitely an Illustrator issue, no other program on my computer is having any problems. I've heard that deleting preferences might solve the issue, but I've got a ton of preferences I don't want to lose. Hoping Adobe fixes this issue soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, something is wrong with the Illustrator 2019

I have 36gb of RAM on my mac, and I'm constantly running out of memory, even on small files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue.

macOS Mojave

iMac Pro (2017)

3 GHz Intel Xeon W

64 GB 2666 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro Vega 64 16368 MB

Uninstall+reinstall does not work. Deleting prefs do not work. Same issue on my computer at work.

I have to use old version because I can not work more than 5 min without memory error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Gotta love software updates. Uggggh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience and disappointment the issue has caused. We do test our products thoroughly including running it through multiple beta testers and we really regret that this issue slipped past our quality checks.

We are currently investigating this issue and tracking it on our UserVoice portal.

New update (v23) crashes Illustrator consistently with Can't finish previewing – Adobe Illustrator F...

Please subscribe to the UserVoice link to get inbox notification to updates. Meanwhile please continue to work with 22.1 if the error message is frequent. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another issue I am having with Illustrator v23 is with the pallets. I am working with 2 monitors, the left is my iMac the right is a thunderbolt. I have the illustrator main window on the left (iMac monitor) and all of the pallets/panels I need set up on the right thunderbolt monitor. Every so often the pallets just suddenly blink from the right monitor over to the left, obscuring my entire workspace. So I have to click in the workspace dropdown and reset the current workspace. When it resets, the drawing I have been working on switches to outline mode. So I then need to hit "command-Y" to switch it back to preview mode. This has happened several times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines