Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator Color Palette Not Matching Actual Colors of the Image

Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks,

I am currently using Adobe Illustrator for my paintings by numbers. Right now, I have the following issue: 

The colors from my color pallette do not match the colors on the actual picture/image. I have attached an image to this thread so you can see the difference I am talking about. adobe.jpg Can you please tell what the issue is here? And what should I do to fix it?

Any leads would be much appreciated.

Best,
Branimir

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we please see the original image?

And how is Image Trace set up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Untitled.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With your options you are reducing the number of colors. So Illustrator combines several different original colors into one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Monika, 

I currently use my own color pallette of 400 individual colors, which I physically have in small bottles. I usually always use 24 colors for the tracing, because if the colors are less than that the image will be no good. The problem is the following:
After I try to replace the original colors of the picture/image with the ones from my pallete, they eventually appear pale and are obviously different from the pallete's colors. This makes it really hard for me to work. Can you please tell me where the problem is?Untitled1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines