Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator crashing on MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) with MacOs Catalina

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am experiencing a weird issue with Illustrator. Everytime I open a file and try and drag an object, the program crashes. I am on the following machine:

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) 

2,6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7

16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

I have tried a lot of the workarounds suggested by the community (deactivating Wacom drivers, deactivating GPU performance, installing previous versions of the software), but they don't seem to work in my case. I have sent multple reports.

It seems that all the documents that weren't made with this machine present this problem. I don't have this issue with newly created files. Therefore I cannot access and modify a lot of documents made by others.

How can I solve this issue?

Thanks,

Alex

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry about the crashing! I know that's really frustrating. Is Illustrator up to date?  Is the issue related to a specific document? Where are the files saved (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)? 

You may also try the steps shared on this page (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/how-to-fix-a-crash-and-recover-documents-in-illustrator/t...) and share your observations with us. 

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry about the crashing! I know that's really frustrating. Is Illustrator up to date?  Is the issue related to a specific document? Where are the files saved (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)? 

You may also try the steps shared on this page (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/how-to-fix-a-crash-and-recover-documents-in-illustrator/t...) and share your observations with us. 

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines