• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator CS2: Yet Another Person Trying to Activate

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I own actual physical copies of Illustrator 10.0.3 and CS2, let me get that out of the way. No random internet download links and I'm not asking for any free access. I have had both installed and working on previous hardware but just upgraded to a new desktop. 10.0.3 launches fine on Windows 10 (shockingly), but had a serious file corruption error on my old computer. My CS2 is an upgrade version, and while it recognizes 10.0.3 just fine it won't speak to the (apparently nonexistent) servers to activate past its 30 day trial period. I had it working fine on my old computer, either through an owner-download link or through some other fix that I can't remember. Anyone here know how to get an existing, legally owned 100% above-board copy of CS2 to work? Or barring that, know the workaround for the 10.0.3 file corruption error that renders files unable to be edited or deleted? I am not interested in purchasing new Adobe products or subscriptions at this time, I am just looking to activate existing paid-for, owned software so I don't have to reinstall every month. Thanks! 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no workaround. The product is dead. I don't say this is a good thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aw but it's such a nice program and wasn't cheap! Bummer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The activation servers for Creative Suite 2 products have been turned off for years. I think the CS3 and CS4 products are also dead by now too. Adobe allowed registered CS2 users to download activation-free copies of their CS2 products (these also had a different serial number). You'll need to get in touch with their customer support to see if or how they can let you download the activation-free CS2 applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Customer Support said no more downloads. One guy said maybe there's a discount for yearly subscription, but the sales guy said no discount. I'll just be reinstalling every month I guess! Wish I'd known this before I reformatted my old computer, it had a working installaion from a few years ago. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yolaron,

You can try to contact the Adobe support team at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html and request to be put in contact with the Adobe Genuine team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I talked to a couple folks through the chat and got a flat no on any help with activation, and a hint at a discount on the yearly subscription, but sales folks said that wasn't a thing. I'll just reinstall every month or go back to 10.0.3 and get a file-deleter program to handle the corrupted saves. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also I got a phishing message offering help if I contacted an off-site e-mail address within hours of posting this. It's been reported. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines