Highlighted

Adobe Illustrator Exporting Colours wrong to SVG and PNG

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

I've been searching for some way to fix this issue as it's been causing huge workarounds for me but basically in illustrator my PNG and SVG are exporting with dull, almost CMYK like colors. From the same file I can export to JPEG just fine but the other file types I'm having issues. I've tried everything, document settings are set to RGB, tried creating new documents in different ways, from web, from mobile, etc., the color palette I'm using is RGB created for web, the assigned color in the workspace is Adobe 1998, etc. It's been a problem that's been happening for a while so any support would be greatly appreciated! 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Eugenio.NYC | Adobe Community Professional

Hi

First double check your AI document is RGB, second add a HEX color to the shape and then export the PNG

if you esport the SVG, you can open and see the code, loog for the HEX code like 

"fill="#ed1c24" and double check is the same color of the PNG
LMK
TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Illustrator Exporting Colours wrong to SVG and PNG

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

I've been searching for some way to fix this issue as it's been causing huge workarounds for me but basically in illustrator my PNG and SVG are exporting with dull, almost CMYK like colors. From the same file I can export to JPEG just fine but the other file types I'm having issues. I've tried everything, document settings are set to RGB, tried creating new documents in different ways, from web, from mobile, etc., the color palette I'm using is RGB created for web, the assigned color in the workspace is Adobe 1998, etc. It's been a problem that's been happening for a while so any support would be greatly appreciated! 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Eugenio.NYC | Adobe Community Professional

Hi

First double check your AI document is RGB, second add a HEX color to the shape and then export the PNG

if you esport the SVG, you can open and see the code, loog for the HEX code like 

LMK
TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to use sRGB as your working space, Adobe RGB (1998) is not meant for web use.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

LMK

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 21, 2020 0