• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator File with 3D elements crashes upon opening - Mac Os BigSur 11.3.1 - AI 2021

New Here ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I recently created an Adobe Illustrator File with 3D elements, it was fine for a few hours then after saving, it now will not open. It crashes immediately upon opening it, even if I have other files open, it shuts down and closes AI immediately with a crash Send Report pop up.

All other files open without crashing upon opening, it just seems to be this one file with 3D elements used. 

I followed a similar process as shown here (time stamp 2:40) if you need a background of what I was doing process-wise before the file went became unusable/unopenable.

Steps I've taken:

- Turned of GPU Performance in Preferences

- Checked my printer is set to Save as PDF (assuming this is the same as Windows Print to PDF)
- Restarted Mac
- Ensured Adobe is up to date

I would appreciate any help with this!

Many thanks,

Nick

Moved from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to the correct forum... Mod
To ask in the forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please tell us your hardware specifications? Especially RAM?

How complex is/was the file? Does it still open in Acrobat? You said "similar process", please tell us more.

You could also upload the AI file, so someone with a powerful system could try and open it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See reply attached, i am unable to reply normally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to follow on from this, i had to reply with a doc because no matter what i typed in, the Post button would do nothing. I tried in different browsers but it was the same across all of them.

Below is the error I was getting when trying to upload the file in question:

"Correct the highlighted errors and try again.

The attachment's shape warping ideas.ai content type (application/postscript) does not match its file extension and has been removed."

Looks like this same/similar issue was mentioned here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the forum you can only post certain filetypes.

If you want to share an AI file, please upload it to Dropbox or the like and post a link in the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Your file opened absolutely fine at my end. I am hopeful that your issue is resolved by now. If not, please download the file from this link ( https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/d67f181e-1cf5-41d1-5460-cc41fb17a4b1 ) and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines