• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator files larger once they are exported / Help with exporting images for instagram

Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have some logo designs and other things id like to export from adobe illustrator then post to instagram (they are all in one illustrator file on seperate art boards, a picture of what i mean is attached below). I am having trouble figuring out which method of exporting Is the best so that the images are good quality and are prepared to post to instagram.

I've noticed that illustrator is making images way larger then their supposed to be once they are exported when I use "export as". For example my artboard is 1080 x 1080, I check "use artboards" off yet when i later check the exported image the file was triple the dimensions of what i needed it to be. Even when i adjust the dpi the dimensions are still too big once the file is exported.

I've noticed that using "save for web legacy" keeps the image at the size it needs to be at. "Export for screens" also keeps the image dimensions at 1080 x 1080 but the quality of "save for web legacy" seems to be slighly better then "export for screens". So Im wondering what would the best option be for exporting? And what settings provide the best quality?

Also using "export as" and then bringing the file into photoshop to resize works however thats more time consuming and I'd love to just do it all in illustrator. Appreciate any help given!

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Export at 72 ppi if you want to keep the same pixel dimensions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines