Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator font issue

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe team/community,

I have seen multiple posts but none of them have help me so I wanted to start a new thread.  I have this issue with Adobe Creative Suite Design Standard 5.5 and Adobe Illustrator CC. I just updated to the pre-release Illustrator 23.0.3 (64-bit) but still getting this error. The computer has the fonts but Illustrator doesnt find them, Is there a patch of fix for this?

Windows 10 64-bit computer

Appriciate the help.

Find Font Error.jpg

3of9Barcode Font.jpg

USPS4CB Font.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this issue. Is it a licensed font? Please copy this font here : C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CC 2019\Support Files\Required\Fonts and let us know if that helps.

You can also try the steps shared here: If you see a Missing Fonts message upon opening a file in one of your desktop applications, the file...

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem but with Gotham Bold. I know the font is installed, but we are using Universal Type Client. Could this be the reason?

Screen Shot 2019-08-15 at 10.47.25.png

Error only happens In illustrator, not InDesign and has only started happening since we've been using CC, not in CS5 or 6.

Thanks

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

urchinpj  schrieb

I have the same problem but with Gotham Bold. I know the font is installed, but we are using Universal Type Client. Could this be the reason?

Yes. You need to always make sure that your font manager is compatible with Illustrator. And then still strange things can happen. Also: did you check the font for corruption? In case a font is only slightly out of order, Illustrator will be the first (and sometimes the only) app to notice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika,

Thanks for the speedy reply.

Are you aware of any compatibility issues with CC and Extensis products?

As I said, It's only happened since we switched over to CC 2018. It didn't happen with 2015 or any of the Creative Studio versions.

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't keep track of track versions of font managers and Illustrator. I've only seen it happen regularly on these forums. Something gets an update (system, Illustrator or font manager) and then everything falls apart. It's kind of a pattern.

You should investigate with Extensis which version exactly you need to fit your setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thanks for your help, Monika.

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We typically see these font activation issues with Universal Type Client when you are not selecting the proper Workgroup the font resides in through your Adobe application. By default all Universal Type Client user profiles are set to work from one selected Workgroup and NOT All Workgroups from the Universal Type Server. This can create issues if you have manually activated a font from another Workgroup and are not allowed to activate across Workgroups.

I would first look to see if you can select "All Workgroups" from the Universal Type Client menu in your Adobe application. If yes, then select All workgroups and try again. If no, then contact your Universal Type Server Administrator to activate this feature for your user profile (and others) to use moving forward. 

For more information about this feature, please use the link below:

Selecting an Auto-Activation Workgroup

Or, contact our Support Team using the link below:

https://help.extensis.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Newer versions of fonts come out just like new versions of software - just less often. I often have to replace an old Helvetica, for example, with a newer version simply because the original artwork is so old.

Other common problems:

1. font was from a free site and doesn't contain permissions.

2. screen fonts vs print fonts (pixelation problems)

3. Tru Type format sometimes incompatible.

4. moving a font can corrupt it (anti-duping algorithm)

If you own the font you can re-download it and see if that helps.

You can also try collect for output to see if it recognizes the font that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

Thanks for reaching out. In addition to good information shared above, I'd request checking out this help article as well for fonts troubleshooting.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines