• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator gradient nonsense

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do i have 4, 2 colour gradient sliders for a simple two color gradient, this used to be a simple gradient drag. If I group the items i dont get any sliders, NONE, to orintate the the gradient drag. If i dare attempt an invisible drag, you know, the one i cant see when grouped... it quits. Should i go back to illustrator 6 to carry out a simple point to point 2 colour gradient drag on mutiple objects?  Do you lot sit around configuring whats already configured in an attempt to nuance a configuration? While we are at it, why do you repeatadly release version after verion of Adboe illustrator with the pathfinder option set at 0.028 pt does anyone know what 0 looks like. Try this 0.000 pt. We have told we dont want 0.028, we can set it ourselves, why, why, why???

TOPICS
Draw and design , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may try View menu > Hide Gradient Annotator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply but that turns of gradient bar control, why would i do that when i need the gradient bar to control the gradient, why is there 4 gradient bar controls for a simple two colour point top point drag, these elemets are ungrouped. Its one gradient not 4. When the elements are grouped the gradient slider (s) disappear altogether.

J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, then you may first create a compound path, apply the gradient and then use the Gradient tool with just one annotator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The gradient is applied separately to each of the four shapes, so it behaves as four different gradients; thus, four annotators. When you group them, the gradients are still applied separately—there is no gradient applied to the group, so there is no gradient annotator.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely should create a compound path first. A work around is to drag the gradient annotator with the objects selcted. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creating a compound path applies the gradient across all the paths, as if it were one solid path, not across each individual path. You would only get on annotator, but the look is quite different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I can see this is just what Jason is looking for, Peter.

One gradient fill across multiple (compound) objects.

Am I overlooking something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Kurt, let me be among the first to say that I could be wrong in my interpretation. I seem to remember it happening just that one time before(!).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines