Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator Graphic Styles Panel Error

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I am new to iMac this week and have had an issue with my Adobe Illustrator, I believe it's a self inflicted issue but need help!

I am running Big Sur 11.2.3

27" 5k iMac 2020

1TB SSD

3.3 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5

16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

AMD Radeon Pro 5300 4 GB

I have collated all of the Graphic Styles stored in the Illustrator files upon installation and put them into an AI file so I can use them to import onto other devices to keep all my styles the same.

However I believe one of the styles seems to be somehow corrupt as I keep getting the following error.

Screenshot 2021-04-09 at 11.01.25.png

I cannot seem to fathom what this is or possibly what specific Graphic Style it is if that is the issue. 
When I press 'Ok' and go back to the panel it comes up again not allowing me to use the panel at all.

However once I relaunched Illustrator the other day it worked fine for a bit then came up again but since then it's not letting me do anything through this panel. And when trying to save or close illustrator after acknowledging the message it also comes up again and stops me from saving or quitting.

Sorry for this being so long I just want to put all the info over as best as I can.

I have attached the AI file via a Dropbox link below (as I can't upload it here for some reason) incase someone wants to try it in their graphic styles or see if they can find the issue.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pmcznvtwn5ya50p/ALL%20GRAPHIC%20STYLES.ai?dl=0

I have also done this with other panels such as swatches however they seem to work perfectly fine.

Thanks,
Stephen Underwood
Student Graphic Designer

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

@stephen.create wrote:

Because I personally found that it was very tedious opening like 5 different panels just to find a certain graphic style. I just wanted the ability to be able to see them all in one panel at a glance.

You can try this:

In a new document, open one of the styles panels.

Select Make Persistant from the Panel menu.

Drag it to your panels and create a new Window > Workspace.

The panel will be visible in all documents and has 2 arrows to go back and forth between all Graphic St

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder why you created such a heavy 10,3 mb file when all these styles are already available from the graphic styles panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because I personally found that it was very tedious opening like 5 different panels just to find a certain graphic style. I just wanted the ability to be able to see them all in one panel at a glance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@stephen.create wrote:

You can try this:

In a new document, open one of the styles panels.

Select Make Persistant from the Panel menu.

Drag it to your panels and create a new Window > Workspace.

The panel will be visible in all documents and has 2 arrows to go back and forth between all Graphic Styles panels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never thought of doing it like that, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to hear that helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Continuing from my last comment unless there is an easier way that you could help me with to deal with this so they can be accessed in one panel when needed and saved for cross machine transfer?

Personally I am not great with this sort of stuff which is why I could do with a hand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order to find out which style is causing this:

Make two files that each contain one half of the styles.

Then try them out.

When you have found out which file produces the issue, continue with putting half of the styles in one file and the other half into another, and so on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thank you, I'll try that and see if it helps. I never thought of splitting them up as such. There is a few 3D styles which I feel maybe the issue but not too sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to do this but the error message keeps coming up and I can hardly get rid of it to export them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes I get the same warning message for any reason.

Usually it will disappear (and not reappear again) if one decreases the ppi settings in the Document Raster Effect settings dialog (see Effect menu).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My message keeps coming up and my ppi is set to 300. Is this ok? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have changed to 300ppi, 150ppi and 72ppi and I am still getting the message. Would a fresh install of Illustrator possibly do any good and copying the graphic styles back in after?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also everytime I close the graphic styles menu the error won't show again unless I open the menu and try to use a style or the menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines