• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator keeps on crashing

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I was going to work in Adobe Illustrator 2020 today when it crashed right when I tried to open a file. 6 days ago it was still working fine. I tried various files but he kept on crashing. I then downloaded the 2021 version but the same thing happens. He keeps on crashing. I am using a windows computer. My memory and everything is not a problem. I also reset my preferences manual but that didn't help at all. 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us about your system and hardware.

Does this happen with all files or just some?

What's in the files?

Where are the files located?

Do you have a printer connected, turned on and set up as the default printer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off it happens with all files. I went into save mode and he told me UxExtension.aip is the problem. I tried AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool to completely get rid of Illustrator and did a reinstall. Illustrator however still crashes.

I do have a printer connected, as default and turned on.

System:

Windows 10 Home 64 Bits

My hardware:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3330 CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz
Ram: 8,00 GB

Videocard: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check if there has been a system update.

Please do also check the printer and then check again. Windows messes with printer settings in every update.

8 GB is at the very low end of RAM. So if this is a large file, then RAM might also contribute to the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In between the day my Illustrator still worked and now there hasn't been a system update. I did have an update today but Illustrator is still not working.

Now 7 days ago I could open any file just fine so my ram should not be a problem. I also got another popup saying there's a problem with UxExtension.aip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked my printer and it's set as default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please contact Customer Care and let them have a look into your system:

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html (you have to be logged into your account. The chat window is at the bottom right)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines