Adobe Illustrator not drawing brush strokes with tablet pen

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got a new tablet (Ugee HK1560) which I've been testing out for a little over a day. On the first day I was setting it up to work with Photoshop and after calibrating etc it all worked fine - pressure sensitivity is working fine across the board.

I switched to Illustrator to ink a sketch (to get those smooth lines that you never seem to get in Photoshop) and I noticed that sometimes when I press down with the pen the create a brush stroke, Illustrator does not draw the stroke at all. The cursor moves with the pen but the stroke does not appear.
It does this every 4 or so brush strokes which is extremely annoying and time wasting. Usuaully when it fails to draw the stroke the first time around - it will fail again 2 or 3 times before finally drawing it. It doesn't seem to matter how hard or lightly pressure is applied - it keeps happening. I thought it might be some disturbance on the screen but when I switched to Photoshop - the lines were drawing fine all over the tablet surface. Switching back to Illustrator and the problem returned.

It's acting like I am not pressing down on the tablet - but when applying the same pressure in photoshop - it draws fine.

Has anyone else experienced this? I don't think It's a hardware issue as it's drawing strokes fine in photoshop. I upgraded from a wacom bamboo and never had this issue in illustrator before.

Any help or tips appreciated

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it draw any path at all?

Does it simply not apply the brush stroke?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a Lenovo Yoga 720 15 with a Bamboo Ink stylus. I have had the same problem--the cursor follows the stylus, but half the time nothing is drawn. No path is drawn.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem with both a Wacom Bamboo AND my Huion GT-220v2.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TheRyPepper  schrieb

Having the same problem with both a Wacom Bamboo AND my Huion GT-220v2.

Yours are graphic tablets. This thread is about tablet computers.

Please: create a new thread with your issue. Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Huion GT-220v2 is a monitor tablet.... just like the Ugee HK1560 the OP mentioned.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, sorry.

So the Brush doesn't even work when you connect the Wacom to your tablet and use it for drawing?

Which system are you using?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, this thread is old but I hope someone pays still some attention to it, since I have the same problem with Illustrator and my Ugee2150. Brush strokes sometimes do not appear, just like mcsheff90 wrote. Has anyone got a solution to this problem? I do not recall to have had the same problem with my previous tablet display (Bosto 22hdx). I have a machine running win 8.1.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Angelo

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running windows 8.1 also, and also have a ugee 2150. I just installed and started testing it today and other programs work (photoshop, paint tools sai) but not illustrator.

For me when the pen makes contact with the screen the right-click submenu pops up (no line is drawn). There is no preventing this. I did notice that if I hold down the 2nd button click on the pen (left click) and hover over the screen it will draw a brush stroke, but with no pressure obviously because the pen isn't touching the screen. I've been looking everywhere for a solution, someone please help!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4 years later and this is still an issue I guess. Hoping to find an answer, but I'm not sure if this thread is even checked anymore, but any solution would be greatly appreciated! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please publish your bug here Adobe Illustrator (uservoice.com)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines