• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe illustrator not updating

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I decided to buy the programme as the functions i required were not avilaable on the free trial. However, now that I have purchased the software, the functions still arent available to me. Has anyone else had this issue, if so, can someone help?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

In AI an object can have both a stroke and a fill. Sounds like you are using a stroked and filled definition when you only want a stroke. At the bottom of the tool panel are some boxes which will allow you to set either stroke, fill or both. With the path selected try going back and forth to see the results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

You could try Window > Tools > Advanced

Votes

Translate

Translate

The keyboard shortcut for the Reflect tool is to tap the "o" key.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Illustrator forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To what functions are you referring? The trial version is fully functional and is no way restricted in what it can do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So there a couple of functions i am trying to use via my desktop and iPad which arent working - i am not a pro at illustrator so not sure if it may just be me. But the function which is unavilavle for me to use is the Line segment tool. When trying to use the curative pen tool when tracing a picture, it makes my image turn white which i have not seen happen when watching tutorials etc. Can you help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In AI an object can have both a stroke and a fill. Sounds like you are using a stroked and filled definition when you only want a stroke. At the bottom of the tool panel are some boxes which will allow you to set either stroke, fill or both. With the path selected try going back and forth to see the results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great - Thank you - and i dont seem to have the reflect tool. Is that something you can help me with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try Window > Tools > Advanced

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The keyboard shortcut for the Reflect tool is to tap the "o" key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines