Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator on Dell Inspiron 2 in 1 - 5000 series

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey you all!

I'm wondering if anyone can answer my question.

I own Dell Inspiron 14-5000 with touchscreen, a 2-in-1 Laptop. Whenever I switch to tablet mode I can paint with my finger on the screen f.ex. in Paint. Although it is not possible in Adobe Illustrator. 

Will I be able to draw with a Dell Active Pen (when I buy one) in programs such as Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop directly on my screen in tablet mode, or do I need to invest in a proffesional pen tablet f.ex. any of the Wacom series? Don't want to spend money on a Dell Active pen if it won't allow me to create drawings in Illustrator from my screen.

Thanks in advance! Have a great weekend x

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Yes, you will be able to draw using Dell Active Pen in Illustrator however drawing tablets gives you more flexibility when it comes to freehand drawings. In order to draw on Illustrator on your laptop, you can change the workspace to Touch and then you can explore the Touch workspace. 

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I have the Dell active pen but it doesn't recognise it. I can draw one line then it won't do it. The model I have is the PN579X with the XPS 13 2in1. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've figure out that if I can get the brush onto basic settings it works but if it's in touch capacity it doesn't. But everytime I touch the screen with the pen it goes to touch capacity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean touch calligraphy sorry 😂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey yall! I'm having difficulties to draw with a stylus pen on my Lenovo yoga c740 touchscreen laptop on illustrator touchmode. It misses lot of paintbrush draws and wont show draw until it's finished. Drawing with finger works perfectly. Drawing with stylus is better when not in touchmode. Everything is up to date, tried gpu performance on/off, gpu preview on/off, is there anything to do? Photoshop and fresco works well. Could it be hardware related (Intel uhd 620 graphics) not enough vram? Lenovo support didn't know anything of this.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! did you solve this? I'm having the exact same issue -- I'm also using the Lenovo C740 and trying to use the Lenovo Active Pen 2. I get a stroke delay on Illustrator. No visible strokes until I lift my pen. This does not happen when using my finger or using eraser tool (even with the pen)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey! No, I still have the same issue. I have drawed with the wacom tablet since the touchmode is not fit to be used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines