Highlighted

Adobe Illustrator on Dell Inspiron 2 in 1 - 5000 series

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey you all!

I'm wondering if anyone can answer my question.

I own Dell Inspiron 14-5000 with touchscreen, a 2-in-1 Laptop. Whenever I switch to tablet mode I can paint with my finger on the screen f.ex. in Paint. Although it is not possible in Adobe Illustrator. 

Will I be able to draw with a Dell Active Pen (when I buy one) in programs such as Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop directly on my screen in tablet mode, or do I need to invest in a proffesional pen tablet f.ex. any of the Wacom series? Don't want to spend money on a Dell Active pen if it won't allow me to create drawings in Illustrator from my screen.

Thanks in advance! Have a great weekend x

TOPICS
Draw and design, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Illustrator on Dell Inspiron 2 in 1 - 5000 series

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey you all!

I'm wondering if anyone can answer my question.

I own Dell Inspiron 14-5000 with touchscreen, a 2-in-1 Laptop. Whenever I switch to tablet mode I can paint with my finger on the screen f.ex. in Paint. Although it is not possible in Adobe Illustrator. 

Will I be able to draw with a Dell Active Pen (when I buy one) in programs such as Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop directly on my screen in tablet mode, or do I need to invest in a proffesional pen tablet f.ex. any of the Wacom series? Don't want to spend money on a Dell Active pen if it won't allow me to create drawings in Illustrator from my screen.

Thanks in advance! Have a great weekend x

TOPICS
Draw and design, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 10, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Yes, you will be able to draw using Dell Active Pen in Illustrator however drawing tablets gives you more flexibility when it comes to freehand drawings. In order to draw on Illustrator on your laptop, you can change the workspace to Touch and then you can explore the Touch workspace. 

Regards

Rishabh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I have the Dell active pen but it doesn't recognise it. I can draw one line then it won't do it. The model I have is the PN579X with the XPS 13 2in1. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've figure out that if I can get the brush onto basic settings it works but if it's in touch capacity it doesn't. But everytime I touch the screen with the pen it goes to touch capacity.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 13, 2020 0
KChap08 LATEST
New Here ,
May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean touch calligraphy sorry 😂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 13, 2020 0