Adobe Illustrator Stuck on Initializing Win7

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator was working fine then suddenly wouldn't open, I've skimmed through other posts and tried cleaning cache's, removing files, tried launching by opening an ai file, I uninstalled and reinstalled but still stuck on the splash screen. No plugins for illustrator so that couldn't be the issue, I can't downgrade to another version either as it doesn't give me that option. 

Starting to get really frustrated as I've had to delay a project due to this issue which has been occurring for over a week now. Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Bug, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of illustrator are you trying to run on win7? You must have win10 to run the latest version as per  the system requirements?

Win 7 is an old OS and therefore you need to run an older version of Illustrator from 2017/2018 as per this page.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the response Mike, it worked previously with no issues and it hasn't been updated (version 24.3).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines