Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator UXP integration timeline / road map

Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am curious as to if there are any plans in the near future for the Unified Extensibility Platfrom to make its debut for plugin/extension development within the Adobe Illustrator platform. 

Information on this subject seems to be scarce and any updates on the topic span far and few between. A few posts on the web from back in 2019 vaguely suggest for UXP support to be included in Illustrator/Photoshop by late 2020. Considering the UXP platfrom has already reached After Effects I was wondering if it can be expected for the UXP platfrom to reach Illustrator soon? 

It would be much appreciated if anyone could please share their expertise on the subject and if there might be any official sources one can follow regarding UXP release timeline / roadmap for its integration into the Illustrator software. 

With many thanks,

TOPICS
Scripting , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Thank you, this was very helpful and informative to learn of. Credentials were not required and I was able to freely watch the recording. Im really excited to go through the rest of the recordings.

So as a recap from Kerri Shotts UXP Deep Dive session, what I gather is that:

- UXP will be reaching more Adobe products by 2021 [Although timelines can change](Illustrator, Premier Pro, InDesign etc).

- CEP and Extendscript are not going anywhere for the forseeable future, and will continue to work s

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not talking to Adobe employees here, just others trying to offer help. So we don't really have any idea of Adobe's future plans. However, you can add this here: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/ so that they know your wishes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help, I very much appreciate it. I will follow up on the provided link.

All the best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UXP info is under NDA

Check out this post by Ingo, he shared all the videos from Partner Days Event this year where they talked about UXP. I'm not sure if you need special access to the recordings, it didn't ask me for my credentials. If you don't have access, contact Ingo, he'll give you access.

https://medium.com/adobetech/partner-days-2-0-why-switching-our-event-from-in-person-to-digital-was-...

once you have access watch Kerri Shotts session (watch them all if you can)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this was very helpful and informative to learn of. Credentials were not required and I was able to freely watch the recording. Im really excited to go through the rest of the recordings.

So as a recap from Kerri Shotts UXP Deep Dive session, what I gather is that:

- UXP will be reaching more Adobe products by 2021 [Although timelines can change](Illustrator, Premier Pro, InDesign etc).

- CEP and Extendscript are not going anywhere for the forseeable future, and will continue to work side by side as UXP gradually makes it appearance.

- As of this recording, for those interested, UXP for Photoshop is available in beta phase as part of the Photoshop Prelease Program

Thanking you sincerely @CarlosCanto,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

awesome, thanks for the recap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 24, 2024 Mar 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i just read cep is not running natively on m1 photoshop, so it it leaving. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2024 Mar 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is information on the Creative Cloud Developer Forums that it is not on the schedule for at least 2024.
https://forums.creativeclouddeveloper.com/t/plugins-for-adobe-illustrator/7372/2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines