Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator will not save any new files that I try to make

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there!

I've stumbled upon an issue with my Adobe Illustrator program. I am using the most updated version of the program (Adobe Illustrator 2021). I am running this program on a 2016 MacBook Pro (though I've had it since early 2017). In case this is related to storage, my computer's memory is 16 GB and my hard drive storage allows up to 250.79 GB and I have 19.54 GB free. I am also using a USB Hard Drive (where the files mentioned here are being saved and housed) with 958.88 GB of free storage out of 999.86 GB total capacity. (Please ask my for more information if necessary)

When I was using the program last week, I noticed that it was having trouble saving my files. It would tell me that it couldn't save them and to try using alternative methods to save my files (I sadly did not get screenshots of this pop-up). I closed all of other applications that I had open to see if this would help me out based on my own research online (I had Finder, Firefox, Notes, and Slack open at this time), and this seemed to help only slightly (the save time was so S L O W but that seemed to save the files sometimes). I also changed my Plug-ins and Scratch Disk preferences within Illustrator in case this pertained to storage issues, making the primary Scratch Disk my USB Hard Drive and the secondary my computer's hard drive. I have no idea if this is helping or hindering my program in anyway, but I want to be as thorough about my issue as I can be to see if anyone knows what I should try to do. I originally had these prferences saved differently, with the primary being my computer's hard drive and the secondary slot unoccupied.

Today, my plug-in and scratch disk preferences are still the same and I had all other programs beside Illustrator closed so that it could slowly save my files. All I've been receiving is the spinning rainbow circle of death with absolutely no saving whatsoever. Whatever is happening to my program and/or computer?

Illustrator and computer techies, I need your assistance!

TOPICS
Performance , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After giving your document "save as" command, turn off the "Create PDF Compatible File" option.

When you want to turn it back on, it will be opened very quickly and recorded.

or

After taking a backup of the problematic document, make the fonts you use "outline" and save. Is there a problem with document saving?

Graphic Designer Educator / PrePress Consultant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines