• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe layers and colour problems, how do I fix it?

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Illustator layers are getting mixed up and my paintbrush keeps turning black. Don't know why this keeps happening but its really annoying when drawing. If you look at the video I attached, the spots were on the same layer and some where getting covered while others weren't. Also, when I'm drawing my paintbrush randomly turns itself black.

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

There's no black brush in your video.

Also: which brush is it? The brush or the blob brush tool?

I have a feeling that you are using the blob brush tool and it might give you the impression to act funky if you don't set up its options exactly like you need it. Double click the blob brush tool and there are the options.

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/atv/cs6-tutorials/using-the-blob-brush-and-eraser-tools.html

Also: There are layers in Illustrator. But there is also the stacking order of o

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no black brush in your video.

Also: which brush is it? The brush or the blob brush tool?

I have a feeling that you are using the blob brush tool and it might give you the impression to act funky if you don't set up its options exactly like you need it. Double click the blob brush tool and there are the options.

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/atv/cs6-tutorials/using-the-blob-brush-and-eraser-tools.html

Also: There are layers in Illustrator. But there is also the stacking order of objects.

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/how-to/ai-layers-basics.html

And while other tools usually put new objects on top (or on bottom when the option Draw behind is selected), the blob brush tool can draw in-between objects, when it's set up that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok thanks for letting me know, sorry that I didn't catch the black brush in my video but it just turns itself black sometimes. Also I am using the normal brush.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines