Explorer ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020)

3.3 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5

40 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

AMD Radeon Pro 5300 4 GB

I have to confess since actually taking the plunge and paying a monthly fee, I expected more, WAY more. I am very unhappy with the current crop from Adobe.

I have used, fix, built, modded and everything inbetween most Apple and Adobe products since the B&W G3 PowerMac with Illustrator 8 and Photoshop 5 back in the day, so this is coming from an experienced user of both pieces of software daily for the last 20 years...

The new crop of software specifically Illustrator and Photoshop have so many issues out of the gate, this is all on a brand new iMac (2020) 27"as well as I have seen similar slugish performance on other Macs as well.

Illustrator CS6 and Photoshop CS6 was and still is the last and best version to date, hands down.
Shame on Adobe for creating such problematic software, you would think it would get better not worse....

Can anyone concur?

I am about to go back to CS6 to get some actual work done without weird issues...

TOPICS
Bug, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Apologies for the delayed response. We're sorry to hear about your experience with the application. Would it be possible for you to share more information about the issues you're getting? Please share version of the OS & Illustrator as well.

In addition to this, please try the suggestions given on this community post & let us know if they help to improve the performance of the app.

We'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines