• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Stock Ai typeface

Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I use this typeface from Adobe Stock? (Dear Adobe please make a user tutorial video for using these fonts)Adobe Stock Ai typeface.png

TOPICS
Import and export , Third party plugins , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

When you download it from the stock website, it should give you a choice of AI or JPEG. If you don't see the choice, click the little gear icon labelled 'Settings' and tell it what you want to do.

If this is the AI file, in the layers panel you should see layers for the background wall and the letters themselves. The letters are in a single group; if you wish to use them individually you will need to release this group and several others. The alphabet letters themselves are each their own grou

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a graphic, not a font. The only way you could use it would be arranging the characters into the words you need. Fonts aren't supplied through Adobe Stock.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

COPY AND PASTE.png

this is what it looks like when i try to copy and paste the letters. when I drag and drop them they just dissapear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you download the JPEG or the AI file?

Unfortunately the AI file has its problems too. It has a hugely overly-complicated structure. Blend modes all over the place mean that the letters won't work without a background either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, there is no JPEG or I could slap it into PS and be done with it. It only comes in an Ai format which I am not very familiar with nor have I been able to find any kind of  instructions specific to this type of asset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you download it from the stock website, it should give you a choice of AI or JPEG. If you don't see the choice, click the little gear icon labelled 'Settings' and tell it what you want to do.

If this is the AI file, in the layers panel you should see layers for the background wall and the letters themselves. The letters are in a single group; if you wish to use them individually you will need to release this group and several others. The alphabet letters themselves are each their own group.

If this isn't what you see, please post a screenshot that includes the layers panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was set to ask me each download but for some reason it was just downloading the Ai's so I set it to always dowload the JPEG. 

Thank You!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In addition to all that has been mentioned, I would report this file to the responsible team or via the forum:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/bd-p/stock?page=1&sort=latest_replies&filter=all

This file simply must not be advertised as a "font". This is just wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines