Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe stock vectors pixelated when printed to pdf

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe stock pixelated.jpg

I got some vectors from Adobe Stock. Now I have to send a sketch to the client. The filesize of the original AI-file is too much at 70MB even with compression. When I save that file as PDF it is around 50MB. So I have to print the file to PDF and the filesize is around 2,5 MB. Unfortunately most of the vector stock images print partially or totally pixelated. There seems to be no consistent pattern to the pixelation as the results vary from the same file. Sometimes like one wheel of a truck is pixelated, sometimes all three. What am I doing wrong?

TOPICS
Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

I tried all sorts of settings and the best was Print/Advanced/Preset/ (For Complex Art) which produced pretty smooth looking good results that were good enough for me. That previous one was the default (Middle resolution) and it was not good. (High Resolution) did not work at all and it just freezed. Did all kinds of other setting changes too but they produced very strange results.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried all sorts of settings and the best was Print/Advanced/Preset/ (For Complex Art) which produced pretty smooth looking good results that were good enough for me. That previous one was the default (Middle resolution) and it was not good. (High Resolution) did not work at all and it just freezed. Did all kinds of other setting changes too but they produced very strange results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines