• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADOBE tech support REFUSE to help: trying to UPDATE Illustrator CS6

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to update Adobe Illustrator CS6 for the Mac, I get the following errors when I try to update it through the Application's help menu:

Extension Manager 6.0.8 Update
There was an error downloading this update. Please quit and try again later. Error Code: U43M1D207

Photoshop Camera Raw 9.1.1(CS6)
There was an error downloading this update. Please quit and try again later. Error Code: U43M1D207

Adobe Illustrator CS6 Update (version 16.0.4)

Adobe CSXS InfrastructureCS6

Adobe Bridge CS6 5.0.2 Update

WHEN I found these actual downloads of the updaters, and try it by downloading them directly and then clicking setup, I get the following error:

"Updates could not be applied.  Adobe Application Manager may be damaged. Download and install a new copy of Adobe Application manager [cliackbel link]

Problem is, those bozos at Adobe don't send the link to the newer version of Adobe Application Manager. but just to the generic creative cloud page.

So I googled around and found what I think is the latest version of Adobe Application manager for the Mac, version 10.0.0.49.

I click the updaters again, and it's still the same error.

I've never met tech support people who try so hard to NOT do their job as those as Adobe.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS and version are you using currently? If it a current OS, you are pretty much out of luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Mac OS 10.13.6 High Sierra. I was able to do these updates for Illustrator in an earlier incarnation of High Sierra on my old hard drive that is dying. (same computer: 2012 mac Pro)

So I know it can work.  But Adobe is pretty screwed up in terms of both their product management and tech support.

I appreciate your help.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 is nearly 10 years old, so it's not supported anymore.

But yes, it can even run on Mac OS 10.14 (I have it). I don't know though if it can be installed on that system or if can be updated, because I have never tried that (and won't - because I know I'm on my own when trying).

This forum is at least 95% not staff. We are just volunteer users. There's absolutely no point in blaming anyone here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm blaming Adobe tech support (and Adobe's product managers) because they are lazy, and deserve the blame.  For example, I have much older software from Apple, from Microsoft, from Filemaker, and a host of other vendors, and their auto-update works.  heck, I've even updated Real player for the Mac (via the update menu command inside the application) the other day and they haven't even made Real Player for a lot longer than CS6.   About a year ago, I updated Mac OS 9.2 via the update command inside the operating system and that hasn't been made since the last century.

the only reason I did a new install of CS^6 is that my old hard drive is about to die.  This wasn't my fault.  but I can't stand Adobe's lack of effort on this.

So yes, I look toward the kindness of 95% non-adobe staff on this forum.

Adobe, however, should be ashamed.

For the record, I registered CS6 with Adobe in 2019, only two years ago, so it's not exactly ancient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines