• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe, watch out for Affinity Designer! It might kill Adobe Illustrator!

Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! If you work for Adobe, then tell EVERYBODY to improve on Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop. I will talk about Photoshop in a later post, so let us focus on Illustrator. Now, why am I saying this? Well, I got proof which you will see soon.

Now, let's talk about Illustrator first. When it first came out, it went incredible! It got popular quickly and many graphic designers either started using it or switched to it. However, these days some people are switching to softwares like Affinity Designer. Why? Well here are some screenshots:

evidence1.pngevidence2.png

Now do you agree? Well, I'm not saying Adobe is trash…

evidence3.pngevidence4.png

So, we now get it. Illustrator may be getting replaced right now, but there is some hope.

I hope you enjoyed reading this and have a nice day!

Signed, Animating Villager
TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Affinity Designer: the app that can't even send CMYK color to a printer? Yeah sure, that is a good thing in my workflow when I always have to create a PDF first and then print a preview of my logo or the business card typography from Acrobat. And then return to Affinity Designer to refine the problem parts.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/115174-color-looks-fine-prints-horrible/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate , Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

In addition to what Monica says,  if Affinity engineers pay attention to developing useful Prepress futures, a well-controlled CMYK workflow for the print industry,  Maybe someday Illustrator can be replaced by Affinity, I am waiting for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

"it's only a matter of time before Affinity Designer replaces it."

I'm not holding my breath for that.

This is the Divide operation. Affinity Designer on the left (Illustrator on the right). I took that screenshot in 2018 and this problem still exists. So that is how fast they improve the app.

divide.png

And let's not even talk about more complex things, such as blends (that have been existing in FreeHand 2). Live paint. Diagrams. Patterns. Pattern and scatter brushes. recolor artwork. meshes. plugi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Affinity Designer: the app that can't even send CMYK color to a printer? Yeah sure, that is a good thing in my workflow when I always have to create a PDF first and then print a preview of my logo or the business card typography from Acrobat. And then return to Affinity Designer to refine the problem parts.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/115174-color-looks-fine-prints-horrible/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I did say Adobe Illustrator has some hope. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to what Monica says,  if Affinity engineers pay attention to developing useful Prepress futures, a well-controlled CMYK workflow for the print industry,  Maybe someday Illustrator can be replaced by Affinity, I am waiting for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah. Unless Adobe can reform Illustrator, it's only a matter of time before Affinity Designer replaces it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"it's only a matter of time before Affinity Designer replaces it."

I'm not holding my breath for that.

This is the Divide operation. Affinity Designer on the left (Illustrator on the right). I took that screenshot in 2018 and this problem still exists. So that is how fast they improve the app.

divide.png

And let's not even talk about more complex things, such as blends (that have been existing in FreeHand 2). Live paint. Diagrams. Patterns. Pattern and scatter brushes. recolor artwork. meshes. plugins. scripting. I use them all the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah. Exactly. It is being Affinity Designer might sound like it is killng Illustrator, but that isn't the case right now. Look at the section where I say "Now do you agree? Well, I'm not saying Adobe is trash…"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

conversation lock. you are not here for help with illustrator you are trolling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines