Highlighted

Advanced tools greyed out and not available in Illustrator CC 2019

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated my Illustrator CC 2019, and can't use any Advanced Tools. All of the tools in the fly-out are greyed out, and I can't click/access any of them. See screenshot. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Illustrator CC 2019, but to no avail. Any suggestions?

illustrator-screenshot.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Advanced tools greyed out and not available in Illustrator CC 2019

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated my Illustrator CC 2019, and can't use any Advanced Tools. All of the tools in the fly-out are greyed out, and I can't click/access any of them. See screenshot. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Illustrator CC 2019, but to no avail. Any suggestions?

illustrator-screenshot.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THis means that the tools are already contained in your current toolbar setup. They are just hidden below other tools. Press and hold those tools and you will see a popup with the other tools. Maybe read the documentation?

How to work with tools in Illustrator

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I had this problem just now with the latest update for 2020 - everything was greyed out in the addiotnal toolbars,  i managed to get round it by chosing basic and then back to advanced again, then i dragged the one i wanted into the toolbar

it was all fine the other day, not sure what the update did to change anything but hope this helps 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same situation.  Switched to basic and the pencil tool became available.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines