• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

after image trace how to stroke the lines when viewing outline

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after you perform image trace, you can choose to view outlines.  how can you perform a stroke or basically make those outlines to be lines. thanks for any help. i'm a beginner in illustrator by the way.  so I need detailed instructions lol

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I have understood your question:

You cannot work with the outlines as they are. The Control Panel or the Properties panel (Window menu > Control or Window > Properties) should show you an Expand button. Click it. A look in the Layers panel will show that the image is now a Group of paths and/or compound paths. You can select these individually in the Layers panel, or select them on the Artboard with the Group Selection Tool or the Direct Selection Tool; or Object > Ungroup to select with the Selection Tool. In any case, you can now apply strokes and fills to the paths.

If necessary, please ask further questions. If your device is capable of producing screenshots, please use that to furnish images: camera shots of screens are hard to look at, especially as a diagnostic tool. Thanks!

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks so much! i got it. i appreciate it big time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines