Highlighted

After recent update, unable to drag files into artboard. Align acting strange as well.

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the most recent update, I am unable to drag files from windows into illustrator. I am also unable to double click .ai files to open them if an instance of illustrator is already open. Instead I have to use place to put things on the artboard, or file > open to open files. This is super annoying.

I have also noticed the behavior of align has changed. I've not nailed down what it's doing, but it seems to automatically switch to key object behavior randomly, as though there's some predictive trickery going on that doesn't work right. Is there any way to make this behave as it used to?

TOPICS
Bug, Import and export, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After recent update, unable to drag files into artboard. Align acting strange as well.

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the most recent update, I am unable to drag files from windows into illustrator. I am also unable to double click .ai files to open them if an instance of illustrator is already open. Instead I have to use place to put things on the artboard, or file > open to open files. This is super annoying.

I have also noticed the behavior of align has changed. I've not nailed down what it's doing, but it seems to automatically switch to key object behavior randomly, as though there's some predictive trickery going on that doesn't work right. Is there any way to make this behave as it used to?

TOPICS
Bug, Import and export, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 01, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it version 24.2.1 already? That one fixes the Align bug.

Also: you need the reset preferences.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 01, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like I'm on 24.2.0. I thought I was fully updated, but apparently not.

EDIT - Updated to 24.2.1 and reset preferences. Align problems are fixed, still cant drag stuff onto the timeline or double click to open .ai files.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 01, 2020 0