• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Windows Update, Font preview is not working.

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I updated my Windows 10 OS on Friday morning to Version 1803, Build 17134.81. Windows specified that this was a "critical update".

After the update, I opened Illustrator (IllustratorCS6, 16.0.3 (64 bit), and tried to access the type menu.

As shown in Figure 1, when I click on the font list, I don't get the fly out menu here. I can type the font name into the box, but I cannot pull up the list of fonts.

fig 1.jpg

Additionally, When clicking on TYPE ► FONT►, the traditional preview menu doesn't appear.

fig 2.jpg

Any help would be appreciated. I would prefer not to roll back the update, but If that is what has to happen, I will figure it out. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

CS6 is not supported for Windows 10. The problem you are referring to has been reported by a number of CS6 users since this Windows 10 update occurred. The fact that CS6 has worked correctly for you up until now should be considered lucky. Windows 10 is constantly updating itself—automatically for most. As a matter of fact Microsoft has announced that going forward their OS will always be called Windows 10 but at some point, due to this updating, it will no longer be anything like the original v

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 is not supported for Windows 10. The problem you are referring to has been reported by a number of CS6 users since this Windows 10 update occurred. The fact that CS6 has worked correctly for you up until now should be considered lucky. Windows 10 is constantly updating itself—automatically for most. As a matter of fact Microsoft has announced that going forward their OS will always be called Windows 10 but at some point, due to this updating, it will no longer be anything like the original version. The only solutions for this problem is to either roll back your operating system to an earlier version, try running the PC in compatibility mode or get a subscription to Creative Cloud and upgrade to the latest version of Illustrator. With CC 2018 there will continue to be updates to it to keep it compatible with the current Mac and Windows OSs. Earlier versions of the programs will not ever be upgraded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, for your reply. Looks like we are moving over to CC now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to be the bearer of harsh news. On the plus side CC has a lot of benefits. The best being that you will always have access to the latest updates to all of the Adobe programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem withe the latest Illustrator 25.2.1 and ONLY that menu is not working, I have to use Type window.  I must say latest updates for Adobe are tragic - Photoshop after opening has to "think" and is not working for a few seconds - all of this is not a windows problem and few updates back everything was working. We are paying for product which is going worse...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines