• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AI 2021 create custom new document

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in AI 2021 - where has it gone to create your own custom size document? I dont need those many suggested templates - help needed - my email (email removed by admin)2020 10 30 AI 2021 custom artboard Screenshot 2020-10-30 160552.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

This seems to be an installation bug that arises for some people:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/illustrator-2021-quot-create-new-quot-broken-no-blank-document-presets/td-p/11535300

Could you go to Edit > Preferences > General and tick 'Legacy File New Interface'? If you see document profiles in the old-style window, at least they're not missing.

Otherwise, solutions all seem to follow the deleting preferences/reinstalling/cleaner tool format.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enter the width and height you need in the width and height fields on the right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Doug - thanks - but I dont have that anymore in AI 2021

when I click on CREATE NEW - I dont get any place where I can add in the sizes ???2020 10 30 create new...Screenshot 2020-10-30 173656.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Presumably your recent documents are just templates. Click on one of the preset tabs (Print, Web etc.), select a Document Preset and change the size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly what Doug says, the panel on the right has all the settings you need to create a new artboard..? Just fill it out then hit create.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks also - I replied to Doug...I dont have that option in AI 2021 when I go CREATE NEW...2020 10 30 create new...Screenshot 2020-10-30 173656.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks to all helping me with my issue.

regards Gerhard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am also having this issue. There is no way to enter dimentions or document info that I need. How did you solve the problem?

Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 4.13.18 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to be an installation bug that arises for some people:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/illustrator-2021-quot-create-new-quot-broken-no-blank-doc...

Could you go to Edit > Preferences > General and tick 'Legacy File New Interface'? If you see document profiles in the old-style window, at least they're not missing.

Otherwise, solutions all seem to follow the deleting preferences/reinstalling/cleaner tool format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Doug

thanks for still thinking about this. Somehow it is working now - I did not do anything

I did not need for some time - but after receiving your message I checked - its working

thanks for the support - regards Gerhard - MERRY CHRISTMAS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey just want to say that I'm also having this issue. It's ONLY templates in there, no custom sizing options. I am forced to either download the template or "Close" which then closes the entire New Document modal without opening or creating anything. I just re-downloaded the newest Illustrator today so it's definitely a current problem.

I will try the "Legacy File New Interface" fix for now. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2021-01-22 at 10.47.33 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just here to say I'm having the issue as well and Creative Cloud says my software is up-to-date. 😐  I'm using the legacy interface workaround for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines