• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AI 24.2 Crashes On Every Launch Attempt (High Sierra 10.13.6)

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My copy of AI CC has suddenlt started crashing on every launch attempt. I've been through about a half-dozen failed launches so far. Tried rebooting my laptop and logging in/out of CC but still crashing. Below I've included a description of my hardware and software as well as the actual Crash Report that gets generated. This is blocking me from getting client work done so thanks in advance for any help in solving this.

HARDWARE & SOFTWARE
Hardware: MacBookPro6,2 with Intel Core i5. Software: High Sierra 10.13.6. AI CC V. 24.2

AI CRASH REPORT: https://pastebin.com/yRT1L2iN

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. Looks like you have Hootdoor's CAD plugins installed, which are conflicting with Illustrator. Could you please try removing them and share your observations with us.

Close Illustrator, go to following locations and drag CADtools.aip to the Desktop.

• Mac: Applications > Adobe Illustrator (with version number) > Plug-ins > CADtools.aip
  • Windows: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator (with version number)\Plug-ins\CADtools.aip

Looking forward to

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. Looks like you have Hootdoor's CAD plugins installed, which are conflicting with Illustrator. Could you please try removing them and share your observations with us.

Close Illustrator, go to following locations and drag CADtools.aip to the Desktop.

• Mac: Applications > Adobe Illustrator (with version number) > Plug-ins > CADtools.aip
  • Windows: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator (with version number)\Plug-ins\CADtools.aip

Looking forward to your response!

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

I followed your instructions and removed the CADtools plug-in and the problem has been solved. Illustrator now launches and opens without crashing.

Very appreciative for the help!

Best,

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here and solved.

Did you manage to get Illustrator working with Cad Tools working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry about this trouble. Did you try updating CAD tools as mentioned by sheriw69198225 ? Does that help resolving the issue?

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Final outcome on the situation: I removed CadTools Plugin from the AI Plugins folder and resarted AI. The application launched successfully with no crashing. Next I downloaded and installed most curremt version of CadTools: 12.1.3. (was previously running 12.1.2) and rebooted AI. Again launched with success. Finally, just downloaded today's release of AI V. 24.2.1 and again relaunched application with no crashing.

Based on all of the above it looks like I may have been a few months behind in staying up to date on my CadTools releases. Since installing CadTools V.12.1.3 not experiencing any crashes on AI launch.

Thanks for the advice on identifying the issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines