• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AI Cant write/Save files on my M1 Mac

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to have a problem with my Illustration that I can't save any files into any specific folders. I was able to navigate to the folders shown on the left navigation bar in finder and able to save Ai files there. However, I couldnt go to any specific folder. My workaround for this issue is to save the file first then move the Ai files into the folder I want. But I found this solution is temporary and such labor intensive as I have to reopen the file in the new folder.  I also have changed the sharing & permission setting of my AI application to "read & write" in the application folder where I also applied to enclosed items (all items in the folder).

Screen Shot 2021-06-27 at 22.30.57.png

Has anyone ever experienced this issue?

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Hello everyone,

An important note here is that I was using macOS Monterey beta 1 which seemed to be the main issue as to why I couldn't save files in AI. After updating to beta 2, it fixes my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you want to save in the Illustrator application folder? That is not a good idea, changing the access to that folder won't help when saving to other folders.

You need to change the access to the folders you want to save in.

Is there a special location you want to save your files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

 

I might have said it wrong. I didnt want to save in the Illustrator folder. For example, I can only save "press note.ai" file to "Documents" which is in my interal drive. The only option for me is to save the file in "Documents" folder or any folders being shown on the left navigation bar (e.g. desktop, movies, music, etc) and move it later. Other adobe sofwares are working fine except illustrator.

Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 00.33.29.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to save it to your internal drive or to a cloud drive?

The latter is not to be recommended (it can corrupt your files), saving local and copy the saved result to the destination is the safest way.

The Creative Cloud folder is an exception. You save local and after saving it gets copied to the Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to save it to my internal drive (neither works for me). But as you can see the screenshot attached in my previous reply, all folders in my internal drive are greyed out, which is the main problem here. I couldnt go to any folders inside the document folder (in my internal drive).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What folders are you trying to save to.?? You can not just save anywhere such as the library folder. Don't save into your application folder. you should be saving to your documents folder or to your desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I know, perhaps there was a misunderstanding. The reason why I changed the permission setting of AI application was that I thought that my AI couldnt write any files (save or export). So that's why I changed it so in hopes that it would allow me saving the file.

Well, I'm trying to save to my internal drive (usually in the documents folder). The main problem here is when I try to save any files to any folders, they're all greyed out (see screenshot below). All adobe softwares are working fine except illustrator.

iberahims_0-1624815908196.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope someone comes up with a solution, if not, you may want to conact Adobe Support who can have a look into your computer:

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello everyone,

An important note here is that I was using macOS Monterey beta 1 which seemed to be the main issue as to why I couldn't save files in AI. After updating to beta 2, it fixes my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines