• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AI CC 2019 - Color Settings keep resetting

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The newest Illustrator keeps resetting colour settings to "Emulate Adobe Illustrator 6.0". I can change it back to North American General Purpose 2 or whatever... but if I hide Illustrator and come back to it, it often resets back.

The window says my colour settings are Unsynchronized and that I can synchronize colour settings through Bridge. Done this. Still resets.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled both Illustrator and Bridge, preferences and all. Still resets.

This is maddening. How can I just keep it to stay on the one setting?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

We have a fix available and you should not have this issue if you have the following version of these Creative Cloud applications

Please update to:

• Photoshop (20.0.1)
  • InDesign (14.0.1)
  • Bridge (9.0.1)

While it is not mandatory to upgrade Illustrator version from 23.0 to 23.0.1 we highly recommend that.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add info and vote for this bug here:

Color Settings Auto Defaulting – Adobe Illustrator Feedback

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I restored CC2018 and it helped.

It is embarrassing that software for professionals comes out with such errors! But hey, it's important that there is the possibility of sharing and there are videos for amateurs!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this fix on the other forum page doesnt work eighter. illustrator and indesign keeps resetting the color management despite of deleting the apps and the color preference in the library. NEED A FIX ASAP! till then i go back to the cc18. bye.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a new, custom profile (based on North American General Purpose 2) and selected that profile in Photoshop, Illustrator, and Bridge. Things seem to cooperating... for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem on MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6. Can solve this only uninstall Illustrator (and remove all settings) and install again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution (or workaround) to get color settings to work properly again is to trash this color preference file:

This file:
ACEConfigCache2.lst

Located:
/Users/yourusername/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Color

You won't see the Library folder since it is hidden. To choose Go to Folder... from the Go Menu, and type in "Library" once you are in the yourusername folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK FROCK!!! ^You sir, are a lifesaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a shortcut, if you hold down the option key, "Library" will show up under the Go menu.

Or, from any finder window, hit Shift+Cmd+G — this will open a window allowing you to type in any directory path. A shortcut to your user's Library folder is "~/Library" (macOS will automatically recognize ~ as your specific user folder)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your solution work for illustrator (thank god), but it doesn't work for indesign 😕 Do you have any idea what to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your explanation on this! I had the hardest time just finding my Library folder at first. But, you explained this well and I was able to locate the file to be deleted. Color settings are finally allowing me to synchronize! Phew.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue and my colours were off when printing to inkjet. I had to make another post, cause i wasn't even able to create jpg with embedded ICC profiles to correct colours and someone linked it to this one.

I've recently updated to MacOS High Sierra and to illustrator CC 2019. These colour settings stayed the same (default to Illustrator 6.0) when I installed older versions. In a way I'm glad it's a common issue, cause I thought my eyes are going and I'm starting to see wrong colours....:)

I guess another issue to add to the list "what's wrong with Illustrator 23.0"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete from mac os:

all old versions

all adobe applications

close all adobe process

all adobe folders and adobe files in library

all plugins

clean trash and temp

restart mac os

install again all app

!!! first open adobe bridge / edit / color settings / select / save

open other adobe app

It works for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is killing me. I don't understand why this issue seems to have 12 different solutions which work for some people and not others. To boot, my team and I updated all of our machines last week and I am the only person experiencing the issue. Everytime I go into InDesign now, I have to check my color settings. If I am working in the program, minimize, do work in another program, and then go back to InDesign, I see the color change before my eyes, reverting back to the "Emulate Adobe InDesign 2.0 CMS Off" setting.

Come on Adobe, let's smooth this out for the thousands of professionals depending on your programs everyday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are the steps that have been working for me and my creative team:

1. If you use an Adobe supplied Color Settings preset, go to next step, otherwise use Photoshop Color Settings, to create your desired color settings, and then Save a named Preset.

2. Quit all Adobe apps

3. Hold down the Option key, and choose the Go Menu.

4. Chose Library.

5. Go to Preferences/Adobe/Color

6. Delete this file: ACEConfigCache2.lst

7.  Go into Bridge 2018 (or 2019 if you have already deleted Bridge 2018), and go to Edit, Color Settings, and chose your desired preset, and click Apply.  If done in Bridge 2018, you don't need to do it in Bridge 2019.

8.  Quit Bridge, and now all your 2018 and 2019 apps will be "Synchronized" and will not revert back to the factory defaults!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far so good. I realized that the issue kept happening when jumping back and forth from photoshop to InDesign. Followed the steps and so far it has fixed the issue.

Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you johngettler1 you are life saver! it worked for me for a while.....until the settings reset themselves back again ....:(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

none of all of this works for me. i uninstalled cc19 and reinstalled cc18. i hope with the next update, the problem is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I hope to solve the problem, I did it with the help of an Adobe Tech;

First of all: it is indeed a problem of the last update, they are aware and are trying to solve it.

In the meantime, just go to your user library folder, adobe and then change the permissions to the "color" folder after deleting the file inside. (the file containing color settings). Set permissions to read/write to everyone, apply to all elements inside, and your done. Obviously before starting, close all your adobe apps.

Hope to help somebody!

Cheers from Italy and good work to everyone 😉

Paolo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

… that doesn’t work for me

Doing the opposite fixes the issue: Set the permission to “Read only” for all users after deleting the file ACEConfigCache2.lst. This prevents that the file re-appears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a fix available and you should not have this issue if you have the following version of these Creative Cloud applications

Please update to:

• Photoshop (20.0.1)
  • InDesign (14.0.1)
  • Bridge (9.0.1)

While it is not mandatory to upgrade Illustrator version from 23.0 to 23.0.1 we highly recommend that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this problem with InDesign CC2019 v. 14.0.1, updating the version didn't work for me. It's really frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dolavarria  wrote

I'm having this problem with InDesign CC2019 v. 14.0.1, updating the version didn't work for me. It's really frustrating.

post update to all the application you will have to set the color setting once manually in these applications for it to work. let me know if you have already done that I can ask someone to have a look at your machine.

Warm Regards,

Ashutosh Chaturvedi  | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hum..yes very frustrating I know; I can only confirm what I initially wrote, doing as said from tech support (changing permissions) worked, at least for me, non more the same problem here.

But, many other problems with this 2019 new update/release...some minutes ago, for example, I had to reboot because Illustrator could not open any file anymore...boh..

Hope the solve soon,

Best regards

Paolo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue reappeard in version 22.3 of Photoshop. I have downgraded Photoshop to 22.2.0 and all works fine again.

It’s a real bummer that such a thing happens in a company that takes money from use every month for using their software. I have spent 2 hours to figuring out that this is the same bug, that annoyed me over two years ago. Who pays me for that lost time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue across all app (photoshop, illustrator, inDesign).  Just wondering if you downgraded other apps as well or just photoshop?  Would love to know what version are working currently. It's driving me crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines