• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AI CC 2019 - Color Settings keep resetting

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The newest Illustrator keeps resetting colour settings to "Emulate Adobe Illustrator 6.0". I can change it back to North American General Purpose 2 or whatever... but if I hide Illustrator and come back to it, it often resets back.

The window says my colour settings are Unsynchronized and that I can synchronize colour settings through Bridge. Done this. Still resets.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled both Illustrator and Bridge, preferences and all. Still resets.

This is maddening. How can I just keep it to stay on the one setting?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

We have a fix available and you should not have this issue if you have the following version of these Creative Cloud applications

Please update to:

• Photoshop (20.0.1)
  • InDesign (14.0.1)
  • Bridge (9.0.1)

While it is not mandatory to upgrade Illustrator version from 23.0 to 23.0.1 we highly recommend that.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on a Mac? I have seen this bug reported elsewhere today but can't trigger it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm on a Mac. macOS 10.14 to be exact. Sorry for not mentioning that before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if it's a Mac issue or perhaps a Mojave one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have it sometimes on Sierra, but I can use Bridge to reset it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Mojave (both public beta and full release) all summer/fall and didn't have this issue until yesterday's release of CC2019. So, I don't think it's a Mojave issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this problem or 2 years now. I finally got hold of a human that worksfor Adobe, sent them a file and they found the same issue. They told me they are "escalating" the issue. Never heard from them again, as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

schrieb

I have had this problem or 2 years now. I finally got hold of a human that worksfor Adobe, sent them a file and they found the same issue. They told me they are "escalating" the issue. Never heard from them again, as expected.

Which version are you using at the moment?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any issues with your preferences?

Does this work correctly when you create a new user on the computer and work from that one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled Illustrator and reinstalled it today. Same issue.

I'm not sure how to create a new user. If I do, will I have to flip between that one and the one I always use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What file did you send them?

Did you try the solutions mentioned like uodating Bridge and syncchronize the Color Settings from Bridge?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use Bridge. This is what happens. It does it with all the colours - not just black or grey.

Wait - I just tried something and it worked. When your window > colour dropdown is set on CMYK but the document colour mode is not, It causes this problem. Both have to be CMYK. I hope this will help other people with the same issue.

Screenshot 2019-06-26 at 13.53.35.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My joy was premature. When I use the colour boxes in the tools panel, I have the same problem as before.

It seems like one has to change the colour in the window > colour dropdown.
Illustrator has become such a disappointment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks like a different problem and has nothing to do with the original question that color settings reset to Emulate Illustrator 6.

When you choose a CMYK color in an RGB document, you will always get a conversion from CMYK > RGB > CMYK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that ignores the changes I make (changing them both to CMYK).
Nevermind. If you say this is the wrong discussion, I'll try and see if there is another one. Thanx for helping.  I appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you set your document color mode to CMYK?

Use File > Document Color Mode > CMYK Color before you specify you color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did. I've been working on Illustrator since the mid-90s and I've only started encountering colour issues recently. I told Adobe about this issue about 2 years ago. They ran tests and found the same issue. I haven't had this problem in a while. Now and again it drops my colour settings in favour of Greyscale, but I'm used to that little glitch.

This one, however, is driving me nuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

alisong83764930  wrote

I did. I've been working on Illustrator since the mid-90s and I've only started encountering colour issues recently. I told Adobe about this issue about 2 years ago. They ran tests and found the same issue. I haven't had this problem in a while. Now and again it drops my colour settings in favour of Greyscale, but I'm used to that little glitch.

This one, however, is driving me nuts.

The problem of this topic did not exist 2 years ago.

It may be good to create a new topic and describe exactly what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked my mails to Adobe. It was, in fact, 2016.

I will create a new topic, thanx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on High Sierra having this issue. Trashing colour preferences didn't work, neither did colour syncing from Bridge.

Uninstalling Bridge fixed it for both Illustrator and InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Calibrated Screens (spyder 4 elite)  2 monitor setup....  Updated To Mohave 2 days ago and CC 2019 yesterday (bridge+AI+PS+Id). Bridge is set to «American General Purpose 2» like you and it keeps reverting to «Emulate 6.0» with very strange colours in Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See also this thread, seemd to have a fix:

Creative Cloud 2019 - Not respecting color settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem and none of the solutions in the threads listed have solved it. I've tried saving the settings and loading from a saved setting and Illustrator reverts back to Emulate Adobe Illustrator 6.0 when switching between applications. The colors are way off when it switches.

Some details:

• I'm using High Sierra.

• I don't have Bridge installed, so uninstalling isn't a solution.

• I don't have color preferences stored in /Users/yourusername/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Color so nothing there for me to trash.

I hope there's a fix soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines