• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AI file won't save, no error message, just doesn't save

New Here ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AI file won't save, no error message, just doesn't save. I can see the % oncreasing, but not get to 100%. I lost a lot of work last week becaus eof this. what can be done to resolve this issue? 

Thanks

C

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any system info and other details such as save locations, details about the document and so on nobody can tell you much. This sounds like the other hundreds of reports of documents not saving on certain Macs due to the file system locking up, but that's just a guess of course.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mylenium

I am working on the latest windows, saving to my local or desktop folder. Aaving an AI into a AI file. It will save if I rename it, but then when I click save while I am working on it, it doesn't save. And I need to save my work all the time and not have to have a long list of names, it doesn't seam to overwrite an exsisting file. 

Regards

Clare 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try and disable "Save in background" in the preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika

That has let me save, which is great. But strangely doesn't show the revised saved date in the details. 

Sulrey thats not right? 

Thanks

Clare 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm using a Mac, so I don't know what that means exactly.

"Save in Background" lets you save while you continue working in Illustrator. I can't see why it should have an effect on metadata.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines