• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AI files exporting to very low PNG quality only (2019 vs 2021 version)

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started using Illustrator in 2019 and would “export as” numerous basic AI files to very high-quality PNG files, quick and easily, all the time.

Then at the end of 2020 I upgrade to a new iMac (because the new 2020 version of Illustrator would not install on the dinosaur iMAC version I was using). I now use iMac macOS Big Sur Version 11.2 and Illustrator 25.0.1

However, since I upgraded my Mac and Illustrator, all the Illustrator AI files export with very poor quality. I have tried to find a solution online, looking at others who posted a similar issue but, so far, I could not find the answer to my problem.

Attached is a copy of: (the post would not let me attach a copy of the AI file - I can email a copy if it would help find an answer)

• a copy of the “Export as” png file I originally exported in 2019 (quick, easy, high quality)
  • a copy of that same “Export as” png file when I exported it today, in 2021 (low quality, not usable, waste of time)
  • a copy of the file exported today using “Export from screen Artboard” (also low quality)
  • a copy of the file exported today using “Save for Web” (also low quality).

Right now, I don’t see the point of using Illustrator if this is the quality of the product it exports. It should not be this difficult to work out.

If someone could please tell me a way to export my AI files to high quality PNG it would be much appreciated.

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

The one you like, from 2019 has many more pixels as the ones you don't like.

Try an export for screens at 3X or at 300ppi to compare with your 2019 export.

And check if your Anti-aliasing export settings are set to Art Optimized.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The one you like, from 2019 has many more pixels as the ones you don't like.

Try an export for screens at 3X or at 300ppi to compare with your 2019 export.

And check if your Anti-aliasing export settings are set to Art Optimized.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ton!
I changed the Anti-aliasing setting to "None" during "Export As" and it came out great. I guess the default setting between the two illustrator versions were different and I just did not know about this feature.
You made my day 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to hear you've got a better result, but anti-aliasing none gives a coarser result than Art optimized, your main problem was a resolution problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines