• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AI forgetting paragraph styles

Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realize AI is not a text layout program but I created paragraph styles to help with consistency of 25 graphs that I need to stylize. After applying the proper text styling and closing the file, there are several that when reopened, the font is the correct style but the color has changed. It requires me to remove the paragraph styles and reload them from another AI file. 

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Illustrator, Styles, Custome Brushes, Graphic Styles ... etc., don't store in the software like InDesign.
It stores in the file itself. If you need to use it you must import it from it's Ai file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response, however, what I'm saying is that the styles disappear when I open the file that I created the styles within.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure that you saved it as Paragraph Style not Character Style?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

or Would you tell what happen exactly when you reopened the file?!
What is the message you got?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I created Paragraph Styles. When I open the file that has the styles applied, for example, the font is correct but the color has changed to black. The styles are still there and still indicate the color of font I assigned it but that color is not reflecting in the text on the artboard. In addition, no, there is no indication that the styles has been overridden.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines