• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AI Offset Path or Drop Shadow negative values not working? (Mac)

Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears that Offset Path is non-functional (+/-) and that Drop Shadow ignores negative values. Tech unable to replicate. Anyone else see this issue? Is it a bug or am I missing something?

ai_neg_values.gif

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

The steps you followed to replicate were the same as mine. Solution came from Adobe Customer Care via Twitter: Reset Preferences (launch with shift-opt-cmd). Hated to sacrifice all settings for sake of one anomaly. Thanks to all.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the problem:

The rectangle is smaller than the -8 picas that you want to apply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look:

2017-04-20_21-13-41.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aha. Good catch for Offset Path @carlosgarro. Box was only 6p8 and offset was 8p.

Still need to find solution for drop shadow. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please select the object and show the appearance panel.

It would help tremendously if you would post a step by step instruction (written) so that people can try and reproduce the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monika Gause is right because in my side the Drop Shadow works fine >>Screenshot 2017-04-21 06.59.22.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The steps you followed to replicate were the same as mine. Solution came from Adobe Customer Care via Twitter: Reset Preferences (launch with shift-opt-cmd). Hated to sacrifice all settings for sake of one anomaly. Thanks to all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks penrules. This worked for me when I was having the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ARGH!!! I was having trouble with this too, it seemed like AI Offset Path was not working, for negative or positive values, either in preview or when it was applied. I think it has to do about whether or not you include your increments in the offset path dialog box. When I  converted my -.3 to -.3 p for picas, it worked! This definitely feels like a bug! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"ARGH!!! I was having trouble with this too, it seemed like AI Offset Path was not working,"

And your version is? This thread is about version CC2017 or the like.

If you want to report a bug, please post bugs & feature requests to http://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines