• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AI renders "Actual Size" not to actual size anymore.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, my AI doesn't render the actual size anymore with "Actual Size", does someone have a clue why and how to solve that? The true size is here rather ~130%. With my current hardware and software and same AI once it _did_ render it right, but after a reinstall of AI, it doesn't anymore.

AI CC 2017 21.0.0

Windows 10, with UI scale beeing 100%

GTX 1650, with the card's drivers beeing perfectly installed and configured

TOPICS
Draw and design , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

It's been introduced in a later version, sorry. Did you have a newer version installed previously?

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/viewing-artwork.html#Actualsizepreview

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

I solved it otherwise. I created a new artboard in size of DINA4, then I took a sheet of DINA4 paper and held it onto my screen and adjusted the zoom level until I had a ~perfect match of artboard and real paper. That was 128.8% for me. I created a new "view" with that value, so that I will have a shortcut to change to that zoom level whenever I need to.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check out the "100%" option in Preferences > General?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mrs Gause, are you sure there is this option in AI CC 2017? I can't find it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been introduced in a later version, sorry. Did you have a newer version installed previously?

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/viewing-artwork.html#Actualsizepreview

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, IIRC that was a newer version. So with CC 2017 I have to live with that bug, I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I solved it otherwise. I created a new artboard in size of DINA4, then I took a sheet of DINA4 paper and held it onto my screen and adjusted the zoom level until I had a ~perfect match of artboard and real paper. That was 128.8% for me. I created a new "view" with that value, so that I will have a shortcut to change to that zoom level whenever I need to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines