• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AI repeatedly crashes while working on pdf file

New Here ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to the latest version. AI repeatedly crashes while working on a pdf file with many layers.

Tried to restart the app, restart the PC, reset AI preferences, to no avail.

I can only work for a few min, then the app crashes.

What I could do?

G  

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advocate ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One option is to install an previous version of Illustrator from the CC app to see if that works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I actually found out that the problem might have been caused by the fact that I imported (into a layer of the .pdf file in Illustrator) vector images obtained from a .svg file downloaded by a website (https://www.gpsvisualizer.com/) that builds vector maps from files of geographic coordinates (kmz, gpx). The problem occurred as I tried to overlap in another layer other vector objects on top of these vector images, copied and pasted from the svg file.
The problem stopped as I saved the .pdf file as an .ai file.

I then worked with the imported vector images from the .svg file and then saved my work in a .pdf file.

Problem solved.

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines