• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AI ROBIN FIX YET???

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so apparently this is a known issue and yet can't find anything satisfactory on a fix or work around and its getting frustrating. AI ROBIN is maxing out ram on my iMac 19,2 which is ok because I rarely run it. HOWEVER, my GF who is at the desk next to me is about lose it. She actually works as a designer for a major company and need tools that work and had no problems with her macbookpro rinning multiple instances of AI and Ps and a whole host of other programmes. Now she cant work if AI Robin is running in the background pushing all her resouces to the max.  It also doesnt help that you cant force quit the process because it pops right back up. So any help in permenantly disabling this function or just out right removing it from the system would be great, thanks.

Honestly, Adobe products are really starting to become resource hogs and for no reason other than to make the developers feel like they have to make changes in order to push and justify a subscrption service. 

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see the process (AI 24.2.2, Windows 10), but it's barely using any resources.

What version of AI is it? What OS version?

Have you tried deleting preferences? Reinstalling?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We are both running Catalina and what little you can find on the issue seems to be Mac only and only on AI2020. Always starts the same way, AI slows down, fans pop on and checking activity monitor AI Robin is pegged out maxing all available ram even double checked the processes and resources in Terminal. Only started when AI2020 was installed.... then we did a fresh reinstall just incase of a corrupted or missing file. Same thing. Current version 24.2.1 seems to be the most current as there are no updates.

I think the best fix is just to revert to AI2019 as is was much more stable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines