• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ai to jpg CMYK color printing issue

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A student of mine recently completed a logo for a new business in town in .ai using CMYK color values. When I export the logo into a .jpg or .png, the color does not print the same (it does as a .pdf). How can I fix this right away? The owner is ready for the logo and it's summer - can't get in touch with the student. I am new to color printing issues - first year back in this area of teaching. Thank you!

TOPICS
Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

PNG is an RGB file format and although JPEG supports CMYK a lot of applications only support RGB jpegs.

PDF is a good format for print and if it is necessary to use an image file for print, use tiff.

For other uses like web, convert the CMYK to sRGB and save as png or svg.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PNG is an RGB file format and although JPEG supports CMYK a lot of applications only support RGB jpegs.

PDF is a good format for print and if it is necessary to use an image file for print, use tiff.

For other uses like web, convert the CMYK to sRGB and save as png or svg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you check the box for embed ICC Profile in the export dialog? You can unify the color settings for all your Adobe CC applications in Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines